Event Options is an online marketplace for event rentals and services. The Company is seeking Interns to help drive Event Options to reach its potential of disrupting the entire event industry ecosystem. Interns will help the Company become the nationally recognized go to brand for the rental of event products and services. This is an opportunity for students interested in ecommerce, business management, data management, and those that enjoy working with excel.
Event Options is made up of event professionals that have owned and operated event companies, producing corporate events all over the globe. When sourcing for the best products and services for a particular event, it would often take days and multiple requests for suppliers to eventually provide the specs on the items they owned – prices, quantity, colors, sizes, materials, pictures, as well as their multi-day rates, minimum order, delivery fee and more. Days were spent reviewing and consolidating all the information from various sources – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDFs, emails, and websites – to choose the ideal items included within the presentation for our client.
There is no national event company or online distribution platform that currently exists
The E-commerce Product Data Management Intern will have the responsibility of managing the products that are included in the Event Options inventory. This includes understanding products and the types of business that are a good fit for Event Options. For those suppliers that we opt to include in the Event Options inventory, the E-commerce Product Data Management Intern will be responsible for incorporating items into the website by checking accuracy of item specs provided by suppliers and enhancing each product to maximize its presentation online for purposes of SEO and User Experience.
Student learning outcomes:
- · Students will learn the current distribution channels for event rental companies;
- · Students will develop a keen understanding of the fundamentals of an eCommerce database;
- · Working with the President, the intern will meet with several suppliers and develop an understanding of each supplier’s individual products and how to zero in on the specifics to differentiate each product from other similar products on the market;
- · Using MS Excel, students will learn how to enhance product specifications of an individual item for purposes of maximizing the exposure on a website;
- · Working with the President, the student will review the website functionality and make changes to products, product categories, and individual items in order to maximize the user experience.
The E-commerce Product Data Managment Intern will report directly to the Company President and meet regularly for supervision and receive mentorship from Jim Etkin; an entrepreneurial, results driven executive with over 25 years of hands-on, operating and business building expertise; developed best in class products and services; conceived and implemented both technology and human resource driven organizational change initiatives.
Students may receive course credit for internship. Staff will work with the school/advisor on achieving desired learning outcomes and completing all necessary paperwork