Event Options is an online marketplace for event rentals and services. The Company is seeking Interns to help drive Event Options to reach its potential of disrupting the entire event industry ecosystem. Interns will help the Company become the nationally recognized go to brand for the rental of event products and services. This is an opportunity for students interested in marketing, public relations. event planning, ecommerce, and business in general.
Event Options is made up of event professionals that have owned and operated event companies, producing corporate events all over the globe. When sourcing for the best products and services for a particular event, it would often take days and multiple requests for suppliers to eventually provide the specs on the items they owned – prices, quantity, colors, sizes, materials, pictures, as well as their multi-day rates, minimum order, delivery fee and more. Days were spent reviewing and consolidating all the information from various sources – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDFs, emails, and websites – to choose the ideal items included within the presentation for our client.
There is no national event company or online distribution platform that currently exists.
The Graphic Designer Intern will have the responsibility of implementing the graphic design components of the Event Options marketing plan. This includes designing Catalogs, Order Forms, Presentations, Brochures, as well as graphics to enhance the website, specific products, product enhancements, social media and more.
Student learning outcomes:
· Working with the president, the intern will focus on providing a few of the marketing catalogs, brochures, and other required collateral and presentation materials.
· Students will develop a keen understanding of the corporate events, tradeshow, and festival markets;
· Students will understand the needs of each specific client to understand and determine the best products to utilize for the specific presentation.
· Students will understand the differences between the suppliers and products that can be used for each presentation to maximize the benefit to each client.
· Students will learn the current distribution channels for event rental companies and how Event Options plans on becoming the industry disruptor.
The Graphic Designer Interns report directly to the Company President and meet regularly for supervision and receive mentorship from Jim Etkin; an entrepreneurial, results driven executive with over 25 years of hands-on, operating and business building expertise; developed best in class products and services; conceived and implemented both technology and human resource driven organizational change initiatives.
Students may receive course credit for internship. Staff will work with the school/advisor on achieving desired learning outcomes and completing all necessary paperwork