Implement simulation models (e.g., discrete event simulation) and other decision-analytic models (e.g., decision trees, Markov, individual state-transition, survival partition) to assess the cost-effectiveness of healthcare interventions. Support scientific and financial project management, scoping, tracking progress, and teamwork for multiple projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Implement one or more of the following under direction: o Design and development of health economic models to conduct cost-effectiveness and budget impact analyses of healthcare interventions.
- Program models using Microsoft Excel with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) or simulation specialized software.
- Conduct literature reviews with emphasis on extracting data pertinent to health economic evaluations and cost-effectiveness analyses.
- Conduct basic statistical analyses (e.g., descriptive statistics and regression analysis)
- Support development and maintenance of scientific resources (e.g., model templates, modeling training manuals).
- Draft project deliverables (e.g., Excel with VBA based models, user guides, model specifications and technical reports) and draft abstracts and sections of manuscripts with possible co-authorship.
- Track budget and expenses and monitor timelines and deliverables for multiple projects.
- Support other “non-billable” activities as needed (e.g., draft proposals; informal mentoring of junior staff; develop relations with colleagues within the company).
Education and Experience
- PhD or master’s degree in Operations Research, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Biostatistics or related field or Bachelor’s degree in a similar program with more than two years of relevant work experience. Experience with programming simulation models (e.g., discrete event simulation) and other decision analytic models (e.g., decision trees, Markov, individual state-transition, survival partition) in Microsoft Excel or R is preferred.
What you bring to Evidera
- Practical knowledge of simulation modeling and implementation using Microsoft Excel.
- Prior experience with VBA, R, or other programming languages.
- Candidates with prior experience in health care modeling and health-economic outcomes research preferred
- Strong quantitative skills, with solid understanding of basic statistics. Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage deadlines, multiple tasks and relationships in a fast-paced, team-oriented and lean environment.
- Basic understanding of research methods.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Extremely detail-oriented with strong organization skills.
- Energy, a great work attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Competent in written and spoken English.
- Required: Advanced Microsoft Excel modeling skills. Proficiency in e, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Desired: Experience implementing simulation models/ decision-analytic software (e.g., R, TreeAge, Anylogic, Arena).
Evidera is a business within in Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC (PPD) a leading global contract research organization (CRO), and a is a preeminent provider of evidence-based solutions. We provide integrated scientific expertise and global operational capabilities to help clients generate the evidence needed to optimize the market access and commercial potential of products.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, with clear opportunities for growth and career progression. You will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects with some of the industry’s leading researchers. Our offices boast a fun and collaborative working environment, frequent social events and a robust support system. We are committed to providing training and professional development, with ample opportunity to advance, for all our staff.
Evidera’s Core Competencies:
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving/Judgment
If you resonate with our core competencies and want to contribute to research and consulting services driven by world-class science and thought leadership, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.
Evidera, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, gender preference, disability, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.