Independent principal investigator of projects responsible for overseeing all aspects of project delivery; delegates project management tasks to mid-level and junior staff. Takes scientific responsibility for project completion; responsible for strategic consultation and for use of best methods to address research needs. Oversees and participates in a large project portfolio. Innovates scientifically and produces output of high scientific quality. Assumes significant responsibility for sales targets and client development. Reporting in to the Senior Director of Modeling and Simulation, this role will oversee the team based in Bethesda, MD.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Scientifically responsible person for design and implementation of selected studies or models; conceptualize advanced model design and advanced study protocols and statistical analysis plans.
- Lead interactions with clients in the pharmaceutical and medical device industries.
- Review and finalize project deliverables and ensure study findings are valid and reliable.
- As principal investigator/consultant, have final budget, deliverable and project timeline responsibility; identify scope expansion and need for amendments; serve as consultant to other principal investigators or staff on other projects.
- Act as a guide and mentor to staff.
- Direct other “non-billable” activities (e.g. design conceptual approaches for proposals, supervise junior staff, identify and pursue business opportunities within Evidera and bring in new projects).
- Travel (international) is expected
- Develops and maintains client relationships
- Brings in proposal leads, manages proposal writing process and closes sales
- Broad experience in health economics and an expert in economic modeling
- Deep understanding of research principles and familiarity with key aspects of the literature (historical and current)
- Advanced level understanding of relevant methodology and statistics
- Extensive knowledge of practical research implementation
- Excels in handling staff growth and synergy, as well as client relations
- Excellent communication skills including presentations
Education and Experience
PhD with greater than five years of directly relevant experience in a similar industry/consulting environment; or master’s degree with greater than seven years of directly relevant experience in a similar industry/consulting environment.
Competent in written and spoken English.
MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel; ability to use Access with interface provided (will need to know ARENA if doing DES programming); should have familiarity with data analysis software.
Evidera is a business within in Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC (PPD) a leading global contract research organization (CRO), and a is a preeminent provider of evidence-based solutions. We provide integrated scientific expertise and global operational capabilities to help clients generate the evidence needed to optimize the market access and commercial potential of products.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, with clear opportunities for growth and career progression. You will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects with some of the industry’s leading researchers. Our offices boast a fun and collaborative working environment, frequent social events and a robust support system. We are committed to providing training and professional development, with ample opportunity to advance, for all our staff.
Evidera’s Core Competencies:
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving/Judgment
If you resonate with our core competencies and want to contribute to research and consulting services driven by world-class science and thought leadership, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.
Evidera, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, gender preference, disability, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.