Through hands-on experience as well as observational and mentorship activities, the Customer Experience Platform Intern will have the opportunity to learn about Software Product Management, Information Technology, Agile Software Development, Biotechnology and working in a real business environment.
This internship will support the strategy and lifecycle management in the key area of Customer Experience and Integrations. This suite of systems includes the online physician portals, order management, patient reports, and integrations platform. The Customer Experience Platform Intern will work with business partners to define high level features that will be delivered to our analysis and engineering teams. This is a cross-functional role that will partner with all aspects of the organization including customer service, clinical, laboratory operations, sales, marketing sales operations, finance, information technologies, program management, legal functions, and third-party partners.
Primary responsibilities will be to provide support services to Exact Sciences employees; primarily in the Redwood City, CA location, but remote support for geographically diverse employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with creating and maintaining high level requirements and feature backlog for the Online Physician Portals, Order Management, Reports and Integrations.
- Engage directly with customers to gain an in-depth understanding of their processes, needs, and pain points.
- Participate in implementation of innovative enhancements that will be used by internal and external customers.
- Define and author epics, goals, features and software requirements documentation.
- Assist with intake for platform requests and author business cases to support prioritization of deliverables.
- Participate in user acceptance testing for releases.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Currently enrolled in bachelor’s program in junior or senior standing.
- Appetite to learn; general business acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated aptitude for technology and an interest in pursuing a career in information technology.