Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Customer Service Data Specialist is responsible for the storage, retrieval, and security of digital data. The Customer Service Database Specialist duties include, but are not limited to, ensuring the identifying and merging data elements, retrieving data for report analysis, maintaining data integrity, and resolving data inconsistencies or issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, verify, and merge duplicate records.
- Structure unstructured notes and instructions on records.
- Assess and analyze data discrepancies in the system.
- Verify and extract data from hardcopy and other digital sources.
- Import and transfer data to a secure central database.
- Conduct a thorough data analysis of master data information and storage systems.
- Perform regular data integrity and quality audits.
- Create and submit data collation reports.
- Troubleshoot information storage issues.
- Apply strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Apply excellent written and oral communication and reporting skills.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds for approximately 5% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 100% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work on a computer and phone simultaneously.
- Ability to use a telephone through a headset.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- 1+ years of customer service or data specialist experience within healthcare/clinical reference laboratory.
- Demonstrated success with end-user training and support.
- Demonstrated ability to read, interpret, and verify data from multiple formats.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on projects.
- Strong understanding of data retrieval and storage systems.
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware systems and peripherals.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.