Insurance Solutions Architect, L&A
Virtual Req #1205
Monday, July 5, 2021
Solution Architect, L&A
The Solution Architect (Sales/Marketing) creates solutions related to a life, annuity and health policy administration system as well as an insurance new business, underwriting and workflow software solution. This includes communicating solutions at varying levels of detail for various audiences internal and external to EXL.
Specific responsibilities for this position include the following activities:
- Develop and maintain end to end working examples for sales demos for the new business, underwriting and workflow software modules, and be able to configure additional example solutions based on client’s needs;
- Be the business focused expert for current and planned functionality and detailed knowledge of features and functions per module (eApp, workflow, underwriters workbench, rules engine(s), document generation)
- Architect solution Sales Proposals, with assumptions, for complex life, health and annuity product implementations in the following delivery models and channels: Private Cloud, L&M; Direct to consumer, agent led interview, telesales, paper application, and other channels
- Create and maintain sales and solutions kit – presentations, platform features, functions and value propositions, solution design data gathering templates
- Design, create, maintain and deliver presentations that educate regarding EXL’s software solutions’ value proposition in the marketplace; and related solutions to EXL clients and prospects
- Maintain Microsoft® Teams Sales structure including all deal artifacts, presentations, deal proposals, etc.
- Support sales team as primary point of contact for New Business and Underwriting software and services representation for: Insurance Analyst/Influencers, Marketing-related Trade Organizations, industry conferences and create content for collateral
- Serve as New Business and Underwriting subject matter expert for all external RFIs and RFPs, regardless of delivery model or source, and maintain catalog of responses to common question and requested data
- Understand competitive positioning and identify opportunities to expand the value of the solution based on market forces
- Perform high-level (level 1) demonstrations of policy administration platform to influencers, analysts, EXL teams and prospective clients
- Accept additional duties as required by the business needs.
- Actively participate in the sales process providing both business and technical knowledge. A key resource in client visits and presentations. It is expected that the successful candidate will bring significant experience. The successful candidate should be motivated by winning deals as well as career growth.
- Propose, submit and handle proposals with full ownership and accountability. Work closely with the Solution Team and deal support teams to ensure high quality proposals.
- Work closely with the LDS Sales Lead to target named accounts, new business strategies, and high value / high clients.
- Effectively identify and translate client needs into EXL services. Develop an understanding of customers’ business needs, matching them with EXL’s capabilities, and developing winning proposals for EXL.
- Strategically minded and able to create a consultative and solution-minded sales environment.
- Work effectively across the EXL organization and partner with the appropriate team members to demonstrate the depth and breadth of EXL’s solutions.
- A “quick study” and “self-starter” – leads with an impatience for the status quo and a true sense of urgency…a forward thinker constantly focused on shaping the organization to meet and anticipate both near and long-term business issues
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural global environment.
- Broad functional knowledge within the specific sector and the ability to connect with a variety of executive level stakeholders on their specific pain-points.
- Bring experience in working with C-Suite executives to present ideas and interact in solutioning. Typical sales processes include discussions with, Chief Operating Officers, Chief Marketing Officers and Chief Financial Officers.
- Big-deal experience – proven experience in working on and closing deals with TCV > $5M.
Few Key elements for the role:
·Responds at any hour
·Ability to create and maintain accurate / accessible and organized documentation
·Ability to analyze results, identify and explain any variance from targets
·Extremely detail oriented
·Ability to work with multiple stakeholders
·Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
·Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, graduate degree a plus.
·6-10 of experience in solutioning and pricing for the L&A market
·A compensation package will be dependent on experience.