JOB DESCRIPTION | Internal Communications Intern
Experian’s internship program offers the opportunity to learn about Experian’s business and the core aspects of the Internal Communications function and Culture principles through project work. As a member of the HR team, you will contribute to Experian Decision Analytics North America’s success by partnering with your mentors to assist with the direction of internal communications and technology programs across the business unit. We are looking for an individual who is creative, thinks logically, and enjoys building relationships and community. This person should have a collaborative, innovative mindset and will be reporting to the Sr. Internal Communications & Engagement Partner.
About us, but we’ll be brief
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years we’ve been name in the 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine. With a focus on our employees, we were rated the #1 Top Workplace by the Orange County Register. At Experian, a worldwide decisioning leader, we make this a reality by uniting data, advanced analytics and decision strategies with real-time operational execution and strong decision governance to deliver meaningful customer outcomes and positive business results.
Inspired employees are the secret to our success, and we pride ourselves on the opportunities we offer to learn, grow, and thrive. Our Culture of Curiosity is enabled by five foundational principles: openness – to build a more transparent and supportive community; comradery – which creates an environment of trust that promotes risk-taking; adventure – which leads to new experiences and exciting, unexpected ideas; purpose – which reminds us of why we come to work every day; and growth – which shows us the incredible potential of our career.
What you’ll be doing
- Internal Communications Creative Execution
- Produce high-quality written and visual content (video messages, newsletters, posters, PowerPoint presentations, intranet articles, Slack, Microsoft Teams, etc.)
- Assist with getting creative communications from conception through publication
- Engage, inform, and direct employees about business priorities
- Pull monthly analytics reports on employee engagement
- Employee News Portal & Slack
- Maintain our internal news portal blog content including written, visual, and user interaction elements
- Design webpages for internal clients’ needs and drive engagement
- Assist with the Slack Champions Network program and adoption across the business
- Consistently reinforce Experian and DA NA brand, culture, and transformational journey throughout communication channels
- Assist with planning culture committee events
- Participate in the employee resource groups
What your background looks like
- Current undergraduate, Junior/Senior level preferred or recently graduated
- Pursuing a degree or has a strong demonstrated passion for Communications, Business, Visual Arts, Design, Film, Marketing, HR, Management, or similar; English also considered
- Flexibility and openness to work on a variety of assignments
- Strong visual arts and design background with portfolio
- Proficiency with Slack
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Planner)
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Premiere Pro)
Preferred Qualifications and Experiences
- Demonstrated leadership, problem-solving skills, ability to learn concepts quickly
- Excellent organizational, project management, and time management skills
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to relationship management
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, and layout skills
- Confident communicator who can work with all levels of management
- Additional proficiencies a plus:
- Confluence (Brikit Theme Press)
- Google Analytics
- Bananatag or Mailchimp
- Block Kit Builder for Slack
- Ability to deliver results quickly while working in a dynamic team environment
- People-focused culture
- Recognition and celebration of performance and achievements
- Power to bring your whole self to work – where your differences and values will be respected and celebrated
- Employee Resource Groups set up and run by employees, for employees. These networks build, celebrate, and further understanding of the diverse identity and experiences within Experian, in support of our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Frequent socials (virtual in the COVID era, but in-office usually)
- International network of peers; mentorship programs
- During the pandemic, all Experian employees are working remotely. Once it’s safe to do so, we’ll slowly return to our offices; however, we are in no rush to do this. The safety of our employees is of utmost importance.
- 6 months
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and it ensures that we live what we believe.