Who We Are
Explico (eks-plí-cō) is a Latin word, which means to unfold, unfurl, disentangle and solve. At Explico Engineering it is our mission to embody this process through the detailed investigation of complex scenarios.
We are a scientific and engineering consulting firm specializing in collision reconstruction, biomechanics, human factors, transportation engineering, data analysis, and mechanical failure analysis. We assist clients in understanding complex technical problems by:
- Providing premium technical scientific and engineering services
- Taking full advantage of modern, state-of-the-art tools
- Effectively communicating findings directly to clients or in a courtroom setting
This type of work is widely varied, never routine, and always intellectually challenging. Our senior partners have more than 80 years of combined professional experience and are dedicated to growing the business. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including continuing education funding and potential performance bonuses. The culture within Explico is one of teamwork and mutual respect while having as much fun as possible and always delivering world-class analyses.
What You’ll Do
Explico is seeking entry- and senior-level human factors scientists and engineers for our Detroit, Tampa Bay, Chicago, and Salt Lake offices (we will consider remote positions for qualified applicants). The position will involve performing human factors analyses of real-world accidents in support of managing and principal-level testifying engineers. Day-to-day activities will include:
- Providing detailed review/synthesis/summary of case-related materials in the form of photographs, video, physical evidence, testimony, and other descriptive documents
- Using state-of-the-art technology to collect data and evidence from the field
- Collecting, reviewing, and summarizing relevant technical literature
- Performing engineering calculations and simulation
- Executing human factors testing and experimentation using Explico’s state-of-the-art tools (motion capture, data acquisition, virtual reality, etc.)
- Conducting literature searches and summaries
- Communicating findings in written and oral presentation format both internally and to external clients
- Supporting managing and principal level engineers/scientists by assisting them in preparing for courtroom testimony
- Leveraging Explico’s unique visualization capabilities to create compelling and effective trial demonstratives in the form of 3D models and animations (virtual reality, augmented reality, and traditional 3D)
- Performing and publishing independent research
- Pursuing professional development and marketing opportunities with the purpose of becoming a principal-level testifying engineer
Who You Are
- Super Smart and Super Curious, Master Communicator Extraordinaire, A “Creative-Type”, Organized and Attentive to Detail, Driven, Team Player, Flexible
- 0 to 5 years working in areas related to human factors such as physiology, cognitive psychology, human perception, biomechanics, or industrial and consumer products
- Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D. in human factors related discipline (Masters and Ph.D. preferred)
- Demonstrated track record of performing human factors related research (peer-reviewed publications)
- Proficiency in both Mac OS X and Windows 10 platforms
- Successful passing of CHFP or CPE exam (if applicable)
- Experience in MADYMO, Virtual CRASH, Faro SCENE, Unity3D, Blender, PFTrack, Lightroom, Photoshop, and Computational Statistics (e.g. R, Minitab)
We encourage you to skip the cover letter and show off your creativity, writing, presentation, and formatting skills by responding to the following prompts. Be creative (video or other media submissions welcome).
- We have provided a detailed description of an ideal hire on our website: https://www.explico.com/careers. Now, it’s your turn to do the same for YOUR ideal company. We recommend you do some research on Explico and our people to help you understand your audience.
- Provide at least 2-3 specific examples of your accomplishments that demonstrate you possess the qualities we laid out for you.
- Showcase some of your work by sharing a sample of the following (if applicable): writing, presentation, literature review, calculations, or simulation. If there is a project that you have worked on that is representative, feel free to share that.
TO APPLY PLEASE EMAIL YOUR ANSWERS & C.V. TO RECRUITING@EXPLICO.COM WITH “HUMAN FACTORS CANDIDATE APPLICATION” IN THE SUBJECT.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.