Schumacher & Co., America’s leading name for manufacturing and distributing fabric, wallcovering, trim and furnishings is seeking a Jr. Data Analytics Engineer to pioneer with us into some new business ideas and areas.
F. Schumacher & Co.’s mission is to be the premier resource of branded decorative interior furnishings to consumers by offering the highest quality in product and service. Being a highly design and customer-centric company, we pride ourselves on always evolving and pioneering in order to take advantage of changes in customer behavior and environment. As a risk- seeking and innovative company we are constantly trying new ideas and evolving our leading market position.
We are looking for a Jr. Database Analyst to add to our team. This role requires the ability to work across different teams and understand the underlying data from a business standpoint. The best candidate will come with enthusiasm, will be a self-starter, have a fine eye for detail and have experience querying data.
- Develop data queries
- Develop relationships with and fulfill data requests from internal organizations
- Gain a thorough understanding of the company’s data and how that data aligns with business needs
- Come up with creative solutions to best fulfill requests (raw data, dashboard, etc.)
- Manage stakeholder timeline and scope expectations
- Be a critical point-of-contact for data requests
- 1-2 years of experience in SQL, with the opportunity and expectation to develop skill
- 1-2 years of experience and advanced understanding of Excel, i.e. formulas, tables, named ranges, conditional formatting, etc.
- Experience with macros is a plus
- Must be a self-motivator and a self-learner
- Must be a people person; collaborating with other departments is key, specifically in clearly defining business requirements for project requests
- Basic project management is a plus
- Experience using Tableau is a plus but not requiredABOUT FSCO:
- F. Schumacher & Co is a 132-year‐old interior design company that creates and distributes fabric, wallcovering and furniture to skilled businesses around the world. Our family‐owned company is synonymous with style, taste and innovation. Our collections are comprehensive, with an extraordinary range united by respect for classicism, an eye for the cutting edge, and an unparalleled level of quality.
- But don’t be fooled! While we celebrate our storied heritage, we operate like a 130-year‐old startup. Our talented team is innovative and dynamic, and our culture is progressive and fun. In order continue our success; we are always looking for talented people that fit.
- Culture: In our company, you’re judged by your ideas and results, not by your experience or title. So, we encourage you to be thoughtful, casual, and to speak your mind.
- Development: We strive every day to develop you and your colleagues for what we believe is a challenging and supportive business environment.
- Teamwork: We believe that success and efficiency can only be a product of collaboration. At FSCO, working together is the rule, not the exception.
- Innovation: We have achieved success and longevity through innovation. And we encourage experimentation and rule breaking. Mistakes? Those are things we embrace, talk about and learn from.
- Life balance: Focused, productive time is more important than long hours. We believe in having enough time to be happy both in the office and out of it.
- F. Schumacher & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equality in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law