Since F. Schumacher & Co. was founded in 1889, our family-owned design house, has been synonymous with style, taste, and innovation – always keeping ahead of the pack. We are driven by a shared belief that design transforms life. It challenges convention. It brings a unique point of view into the world. It sets trends. And it leaves a mark.
F. Schumacher & Co. champions individual style and the collective practice of transformational interior design. We create it. We supply it. We celebrate it. We also partner with the most brilliant trendsetters in design and fashion to advance it. And we want to bring it to as many people and into as many homes as possible.
A passion for luxury and an unwavering commitment to beauty are woven into everything we do. And if you’d like to join our mission to elevate living through great design, we would love to meet you.
F. Schumacher & Co. is America’s leading name for designing and manufacturing fabric, wallcovering, floorcovering, trim, furnishings and paint. F. Schumacher & Co Media is excited to add a detail-oriented, proactive, business-driven member to its team. Frederic Magazine & fredericmag.com have taken the design world by storm, creating engaging editorial, both in print and digital, becoming a leader in the design content space. You will support the Business Development Director in all aspects in growing the business of Frederic Magazine
- This individual is a critical support behind the Business Media Director and will assist in all aspects of publishing the magazine and coordinating the website.
- Manage sales flow including Insertion Orders, ad Invoices, account Lists, ad materials and communication with printer.
- Update and maintain comp List, distribution chart, manage Customer Service email server.
- Prepare sales reports and provide reporting analysis. This involves collecting and examining data and using the information gathered to create coherent, intelligent reports, then presenting the report to the BMD.
- Manage advertising estimate process on a regular basis.
- Manage CRM data entry system, including processing IO’s & Invoices, submitting film to production, managing comp & VIP lists.
- Create new files and presentations ad hoc.
- Assist Digital Manager on website and email marketing as needed.
- Able to find answers, and respond quickly to customer issues, all with a polite, empathic, and professional voice and manner.
- Think critically about priorities and deadlines, keeping them on task and on time.
- Bring new ideas to the table to help improve workflow and time management.
- Support team and company goals as needed, excitedly taking on new and more projects as needed.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a fast paced, biz-oriented job.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and outlook.
- Good Administrative/accounting skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and writing skills
- Critical thinker with exceptional project planning skills.
- A sense of urgency and willingness to take initiative and be proactive.
- A self-starter able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, stay organized, and happily speak up as needed
- An interest in either design, media, business, or publishing