Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
F5 empowers creators of the new digital world.
Are you looking to be an integral part of a design team creating exciting next-generation products? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
The F5 NGINX Business Unit is searching for a summer User Experience Intern to join us and drive the future vision for NGINX’s user experience and core design system. This is not the stereotypical intern position! We’ll work with you to understand your learning and growth goals and provide opportunities for you to try out what you are learning in school. You will help us throughout the entire product development lifecycle and work in partnership with our product and engineering teams to deliver elegant user interfaces experience and coherent solutions across our product suite.
- Collaborate with the design team to identify and implement solutions to common UX and UI challenges
- Partner with our user research team to understand user challenges
- Make product adjustments based on user feedback and guidance from the design team
- Prepare and present working prototypes to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems with other designers
- Build design patterns and components for our design system
Knowledge and Skills Desired:
- Good eye for design that translates into unmatched visual design skills
- Academic knowledge of user experience, user interface design, interaction design, or systems thinking
- Some experience with design software such as Figma
- Collaborative team spirit, strong communication skills, and good time-management skills
Applicants should be/possess:
- A current student enrolled in a technical discipline at a four year institution in the US. Preferred majors are Design, Informatics, Information Sciences, Human Centered Design Engineering (HCDE), Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Sciences, Psychology, Computer Science or related disciplines.
- Approaching their Junior year or beyond at the time of the internship (ie. one summer left before graduation). Exceptional Sophomore or Freshmen may be considered.
- Available for a 12 week internship between May and September of 2021. We are unable to accommodate internships outside of this time frame.