Our data centers serve as the foundation upon which our software operates to meet the demands of our customers. The Facilities Engineering Program Management (EPM) team is a global HQ based team that supports our data centers by providing global and site-specific designs for retrofits (brownfield projects). The ideal candidate for this role will have a technical background, with interest in developing a career in design or design management (project management) of multidisciplinary projects in operational critical facilities environment. This position is based in the Fremont, CA office.
Retrofit Program: Mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) or controls project impacting 2 or more of Facebooks operational data centers.
Retrofit Project: Mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) or controls project impacting a specific Facebook operational data center.Project Engineer Intern, Infrastructure Data Center Responsibilities
- Support Retrofit Design Program Managers (RDPMs) with global retrofit program design management activities.
- Development of RFQs / RFPs for design activities (Follow FB RFP template, Specifications list, Deliverables lists, Coordinate Review with Consultants / Answer RFIs).
- Coordination with data centers for obtaining relevant as-built documentation (drawings / submittals etc.)
- Initiate the purchase order workflow for design consultants after award
- Coordination of Design package development and reviews (Organize meetings, Tracking Comments and Adjudication, Tracking RFIs, Site specific CD design reviews – chair (help lighten load from RDPM in execution), expediting resolution with Engineer of Record)
- Organization and chairing of regular program update meetings
- Take part in field walks/visits during detail design and construction design to validate site conditions and coordinate Engineer of Record job walks.
- Provide input to schedulers for program design updates
- Support Retrofit Design Program Managers (RDPMs) with design activities required as part of the Facebook data center end of life and obsolescence programs
- Managing development of simple design packages for parts replacement (minor piping modification details for valve replacement for example)
- Produce monthly program update reports
- Assist RDPMs with producing, publishing and development of training material for new internal retrofit design management standards and guidelines.
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a B.A./B.S. or Masters degree in a technical/engineering discipline (mechanical, electrical, architecture or equivalent)
- Experience with communication, presentation, project management, and reporting
- Familiar with mechanical, electrical and control systems used in critical facility applications
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Past internship(s) or work experience as engineer, project engineer or project manager with design or construction firms
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op
- Operations or construction field exposure
- Fundamentals of Engineering (or EIT) certification
- Ambitious and avid learner
- Familiarity with BlueBeam Revu, BIM 360 Docs, and ProCore.