2021 Summer Design Internship
Fahrenheit 212 is a global innovation, strategy and design firm. We define innovation strategies and develop products, services, and experiences that create sustainable, profitable growth for our clients.
We are looking for a Summer Intern to work on our Design team. During normal circumstances, we have a team of seventy working out of our bright and modern office in downtown Manhattan; due to the pandemic, we’re temporarily working remote from all over the US. Through this transition, we’ve managed to preserve the fast-paced, creative, and collaborative nature of our working culture.
As a Summer Design Intern, you would be responsible for working closely with our graphic, experience, spatial and brand designers to produce visually compelling and strategically aligned designs and experiences. You’ll be expected to fully participate in the innovation process and help infuse your individual aesthetic into the core of our work.
Your tasks would include, but would not be limited to:
- Understanding and shaping design strategy, while ideating, sketching and crafting beautiful artifacts to best realize ideas
- Performing in-depth product and design research, and extracting and analyzing key ideas to identify, develop, and create design principles
- Preparing quality presentations, and supporting the design team in user interface design, video production, animation, graphics & communication design, digital and physical product design, experience design, and storyboarding
- Participating in the rich interdisciplinary work of Fahrenheit, and partnering with our Commercial Strategy and Idea Development teams to integrate design best practices across projects
- You should be a current junior, senior or recent graduate receiving a bachelor’s degree, or a graduate student, in the field of design or related creative fields demonstrating multi-faceted design expertise.
- You should excel in working in collaborative, group-based environments, while also being an independent self starter with strong personal management and initiative.
- You should display a diverse portfolio which may include print, UX/UI, branding/identity, packaging or motion graphic experience — we’re medium agnostic but quality obsessed.
- You should have humility balanced with pride in your work, a distinct hunger to learn and get better while building on prior accomplishment.
- You should be focused on cultivating your craft as a designer, an appreciation for details, with evidence of attention and intentionality in your work.
- You should be self-propelled by restless curiosity, resourceful in scouring the world for insight, comfortable in a highly charged idea-centric environment, fascinated with changing the world, able to move seamlessly from high altitude thinking to the tangible and practical.
HOW TO APPLY
- Learn about our company and what we do, and tell us “Why Fahrenheit 212?” in 200 words, in your cover letter.
- Attach your resume or CV.
- Attach your portfolio, examples of your work, or a link to your website (describing the projects you worked on: your role, your creative process, project objectives and project outcomes – supplemented with visuals such as sketches, designs, copy, screenshots, photos, wireframes, etc.)
- Submit application.
Fahrenheit 212 is a part of Capgemini Innovation & Strategy, the global strategy and transforming consulting arm of the Capgemini Group.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini. Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.