Falcon is a leadership consulting and executive search firm exclusively for private equity. As a small but growing company, Falcon offers a high-energy environment for those who want to make an impact right away; you will have the chance to work on design and construction of data architecture, custom software development, analysis of proprietary data sets, and the long-term direction of the data strategy.
The Senior Data Analyst position is for candidates in with advanced degrees, currently pursuing graduate education, and/or with 2+ years of technical experience. For entry-level candidates, please apply to the Data Analyst posting.
Falcon is focused on identifying, assessing, developing, and engaging high-performing CEOs and CFOs for private equity. We do that in many ways: From executive search to leadership assessment and insights to our online membership platform where PE executives can read articles, access tools, and engage with one another. Most employees are involved with multiple concurrent projects and are working cross-functionally and collaboratively.
We have an intentional culture of curiosity, competitiveness, courage, and commitment. Our work environment is supportive, engaging, and fast-paced. We balance the rigor and intensity of our work with a casual office culture, social atmosphere, and group outings.
In this role, you will make direct contributions to the company’s data analytics strategy. Daily responsibilities will vary, but may include:
- Analyzing economic datasets (including Falcon’s proprietary dataset, private equity portfolio company data, and publicly available company financials) to determine industry trends
- Working cross-functionally to quantitatively assess and better understand private equity leadership potential
- Conducting sentiment and content interaction analysis
- Evaluating and suggesting frameworks for prioritizing, monitoring, and managing long-term projects
- Creating and/or utilizing Excel models, formulas, and basic coding
- Supporting the creation and maintenance of data architecture systems
- Assisting in the management and maintenance of Falcon’s internal database
- Identifying, collecting, cleaning, and analyzing data to produce accurate, insightful recommendations
The Ideal Candidate
Preferred experience with the following programs:
- Or; experience with another coding/technical language and interest in applying that knowledge to learning new programs
Traits and characteristics:
- Enthusiastic team player
- Independent initiator
- Intellectually curious and emotionally intelligent
- Comfortable with ambiguity and managing multiple projects at once
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Motivated, flexible, and eager to take on new challenges
- Analytical and detail-oriented
Education and experience:
- Graduate degree (completed or in-progress)
- Or; two years of technical work experience.
Falcon is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks to hire talented applicants with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, and experiences. If our company and work appeal to you, but you’re not sure you’re fully qualified – Apply anyway. We are excited to learn more about you.
What We Offer
In addition to a competitive salary, all new hires receive: A $5K signing bonus, annual bonus, medical/dental insurance, 401k employer contributions, PTO, and ancillary benefits such as paid parking and a quarterly wellness stipend. Tenured employees are eligible for paid family leave and educational assistance.
We are not able to sponsor a US work visa, but do accept candidates working on OPT.