Families First (www.families-first.org) has provided high quality parenting education programs in the Greater Boston area for more than 30 years. Our mission is to bring parents of young children together in their communities to strengthen their parenting knowledge, skills, and support systems.
Now, our evidence-informed Power of Parenting™ program and Parent Leadership program is Boston’s most comprehensive model for parenting education, family engagement, and parent leadership. It is an exciting time for the organization as we are seeing incredible outcomes for families in the program, and we are beginning to expand our work outside of Boston.
As part of Families First’s Development Team, the Social Media & Marketing intern will assist in broadening the visibility of Families First’s work and sharing the impact of our work across all of our audiences. While we have many communications systems in place, this position will have the opportunity to present new, innovative ideas to take our communications work to the next level.
This internship will be supervised by the Marketing and Grants Manager.
Internship and Project Overview
This year, Families First has rolled out a new 3 year business plan, with significant attention to marketing and communication efforts. The Social Media & Marketing intern will help us prepare for a dedicated year-long effort to deliver on that plan. A Marketing and Communications intern could help with the following tasks in the summer of 2021 (FY22):
· Adapting our social media strategy to align with increased visibility goals
o General social media content curation
o Creating a content calendar
· Refining our marketing/communications key performance metrics to better align with desired outcomes
· Improving our website SEO
· Investigating Google Ad Grants
At the conclusion of the semester, the intern will have visibly moved our social media communications plan forward in a measurable way.
· Undergraduate student in Communications or related field
· Understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
· Experience with design programs (especially Canva) and/or management tools (Hootsuite) a plus
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· High attention to detail and organizational skills
· Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities, flexibility, and the ability to learn quickly
· Ability to work independently and manage time well, as this position involves working remotely
· Comfortable with MS Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
Families First has a strong commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. We aim to attract qualified candidates who hold these same values, and help us further recognize and celebrate the diversity among us.