Family Reach is seeking a full-time Resource Navigator to work out of the Massachusetts or New Jersey office and to help deliver the Family Reach mission.
The Resource Navigator will assist with various responsibilities related to Family Reach programs, including providing direct financial assistance and navigation of resources to families fighting cancer. Candidates applying should have sensitivity toward children and adults with cancer and their caregivers.
- Handle daily communications and relationships with healthcare professionals from hospitals, people diagnosed with cancer, and their caregivers to assess financial needs, provide financial assistance through our grants program, and navigation of resources for financial relief
- Screen grant requests from hospital social workers to ensure our guidelines are met and the applications are complete
- Screen and handle communications with families who contact Family Reach directly for financial assistance or resource navigation
- Work closely with the Family Relations, Development and Marketing staff to identify families to represent the Family Reach mission for various initiatives, events, and materials
- Research financial resources and providing advocacy and other navigation services to families
- Contribute toward building a database of referral resources that Family Reach staff can use to assist families
- Actively participate in weekly team meetings to share ideas, suggest improvements, learn from other team members about how to improve our services
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree in relevant field preferred (e.g. Public Health, Social Work, Human Services, etc)
- 1-2 years of professional work experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work with a high-degree of collaboration and independence
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and prioritize while working under multiple deadlines
- Fluent in Spanish
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary range is commensurate with experience. Family Reach offers a comprehensive benefits package with medical, disability, retirement and generous vacation and holidays.