We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Do you love working with people and numbers? Come immerse yourself in big data and business management at Farmers Insurance!
We are looking for innovative, curious, and organized thinkers to join our Bristol West Personal Lines Product Management summer internship!
Farmers Insurance is a Fortune 500 company, proudly certified as a Great Place to Work and listed in Forbes’ top 50 Happiest Companies to Work For in 2018. Bristol West is the non-standard auto insurance company within Farmers. Our strategy is to deliver a competitively priced product for customers and agents that is easy to use.
Perks of working at Farmers is our amazing culture. We have dynamic employee resource groups (Black Professionals Alliance, LGBT & Allies, Somos Farmers, Toastmasters, Women’s Inclusion Network, and more) We also have excellent volunteer opportunities! This internship will be held virtually based on external circumstances.
Product Management ensures our company continues to grow profitably. As such, we collaborate closely with all sides of the business, including Distribution (Farmers and Independent agents), Actuary, Underwriting, Research & Development, Claims, Legal, and Marketing.
As an intern you will develop and present to senior leadership a project geared towards achieving our company strategy. Below are examples of projects you might lead:
- Investigate proper discount utilization by customers and agents
- Research cancellation rates to improve retention and overall profitability
- Examine agent behavior for indicators of fraud and poor business practices
- Utilize competitor data to determine growth opportunities
You will develop crucial and highly valuable data analytics skills as well as soft skills through the course of your internship. These include, but are not limited to:
- Data querying, manipulation, and visualization in SAS and Excel using SQL code, advanced functions, pivot tables, and charts
- Data analysis, communication, and presentation of meaningful insights to peers and senior leadership
- Networking with friendly and supportive colleagues of diverse backgrounds and skillsets
Requirements for consideration include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Current student pursuing an undergraduate or master’s degree in Actuarial, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or related major
- Self-motivated, methodical individuals with attention to detail and effective time-management skills
- GPA of 3.0 or greater on a 4.0 scale
- Ability to work eight to twelve weeks during the summer
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Hours are 8:00am-5:00pm EST
Primary Location: US – OH – Independence