Fastly is looking for top-performing sales professionals who are passionate about an extraordinary work environment and are motivated to exceed expectations and advance their career in B2B software sales.
Your efforts directly contribute to Fastly’s top-line revenue growth. As a Market Development Representative, you are responsible for educating, nurturing and developing sales leads into qualified opportunities that will close and add to Fastly’s growing customer base. You are focused on identifying opportunities and building relationships with prospects and leveraging your experience to make an impact.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of exceeding metrics, loves the thrill of the hunt, and is capable of building and growing the pipeline of the business.
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of something special. Come join us in building a better internet! This position will be based in either our New York, SF, Denver or Chicago office (working remotely until it is safe to return to our offices).
What You’ll Do
- Consistently exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales quota and be well-compensated for doing so.
- Drive Fastly’s growth through inbound efforts, generating high quality leads that will turn into opportunities and closed business.
- Educate and develop leads that come through our inbound channels: phone calls, emails, support tickets, etc.
- Respond quickly to each inquiry and use Fastly’s values to guide your responses.
- Be tenacious. Conduct value add follow-up calls and emails until meetings are set.
- Develop and maintain daily plans to maximize and leverage phone time, including pre-call planning, adhering to inbound hours and metrics, and customizing scripts to market segments and prospect type.
- Use Salesforce.com to track activity and update account/contact information.
- Leverage LinkedIn and any other media that could generate leads.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven track record of exceeding measurable goals/ quotas.
- Consistent and proven track record of success qualifying new business.
- Understands customer requirements and identify business challenges that Fastly can solve.
- Consistently and repeatedly pick up the phone and call your customers.
- Not afraid to ask questions until a thorough understanding is achieved.
- Intellectually curious with a keen interest in customers and technology.
- Adaptable, professional, courteous, motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to proactively resolve problems in a timely manner; develop alternative solutions.
We value a variety of voices, so this is not a laundry list. You’ll be a good candidate if you have experience in SOME of these:
- Proven track record of success and thrive in metrics-driven sales culture.
- At the core you are curious and desire to meet a customer’s unarticulated and unmet needs.
- Demonstrate insatiable desire to learn and improve.
- Fearless attitude willing to take intelligent risks.
- Sense of urgency.
- Understand their customers’ industry/business/needs (key to both building trust with customers as well as understanding how to help solve their problems).
- Can get things done despite obstacles or challenges.
- Have a desire to work hard, exceed expectations and outperform their quotas.
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful — every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.