Do you have strong analytical skills and want to improve the health care system in Rhode Island? Faulkner Consulting Group (FCG) is searching for a smart, high energy Health Policy Consultant to join our Strategy team. The Health Policy Consultant will participate in client projects by developing quantitative and qualitative approaches for the completion of project deliverables. This includes but is not limited to framing the client’s challenges; gathering data through interviews and secondary research; synthesizing and analyzing findings; and preparing/presenting recommendations.
The ideal candidate would possess a keen interest in health care reform and improving health care delivery. The candidate should be excited to track happenings in the health care space, both locally and nationally, as well as support teams that are helping to transform health care through project-based work.
Candidates should possess strong data analysis skills, with relevant experience and expertise in: research, health policy, business/health administration, and/or public health. An understanding of health reform would be helpful, and a passion to learn more about the field is highly desirable. The candidate should be self-motivated, detail oriented, highly responsive and able to work with minimal supervision.
Analysis: Work collaboratively with our client teams and internally to conduct analyses that answer complex business and healthcare questions; including:
o Identify and develop optimal sources of data.
o Develop the analytic approach for the completion of project deliverables.
o Create and maintain financial models that support key analytic solutions for our clients.
Research: Perform key policy research, identifying best practices, client benchmarks and program opportunities.
o Gather and analyze quantitative and qualitative data from multiple sources, including but not limited to publicly available data on healthcare costs and trends, as well as proprietary data from organizational operations and financial metrics and stakeholder interviews.
o Leverage multiple forms of research including internet-based search techniques, key informant interviews, and other methods as needed
o Summarize, track, and document research done.
Presentation: Prepare and present deliverables, including presentation materials, written summaries and reports, and dashboards for clients.
o Write clear, compelling, easy to understand documents for executives.
o Create presentations that summarize data in innovative and visually appealing ways.
o Develop reports and dashboards to present data in ways that help senior leaders make data-driven policy decisions.
· MBS preferred or master’s degree in Public Health, Public Policy, Data Analytics or equivalent.
· Exceptional analytic skills. Able to demonstrate clear and logical thinking. Comfortable with numbers and online data research.
· Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to present quantitative data in a clear and concise fashion.
· Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Experience with data/analytics software a plus (e.g. R, Stata, Salesforce, SPSS, SAS, RapidMiner, Tableau, Excel Pivot, Microsoft BI, others)
· Graphic design skills, i.e. ability to create visually appealing graphs, diagrams and time-lines a plus.
· Familiarity with the Affordable Care Act (ACA) or federal/state health insurance policy – a plus
• Thrives in a fast paced, deadline driven, ever changing environment
• Strong analytical/research/problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently and efficiently, with little or no supervision and sometimes short notice.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks/projects
• Proven ability to meet deadlines
• Positive “can do” attitude
• Organizational skills, with a strong attention to detail
• Mission driven and passionate about improving health care in Rhode Island
Faulkner Consulting Group www.faulknerconsultinggroup.com
Faulkner Consulting Group (FCG) is an experienced health policy consulting firm focused on the intersection of public and private programs. FCG has expertise in health care payment and delivery system models, including national and local health policy trends, federal and state health program design and state regulatory policy.
FCG is a virtual company, all work is done at client offices, in a professional office environment. In state travel will be required to various client offices. Due to the pandemic, all FCG employees are working virtually at least through the end of 2021.
Interested candidates should submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law. FCG is an at-will, equal opportunity employer. FCG hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.