Space Management Specialists have the opportunity to work on a number of FBI initiatives within the National Capital Region’s space management related matters. The Space Management Specialist will serve as a trainee on space management matters for FBI components to include field offices, resident agencies, and/or Headquarters Divisions. Assignments will be designed to increase knowledge and experience in all space management matters while focusing on alterations/renovations within occupied space.
Space Management Specialists are still undergoing development and the work characteristically involves limited performance assignments for other than training purposes. For development purposes, they apply specific standards and procedures and exercise judgment in reaching conclusions independently. In accomplishing this mission, Space Management Specialist’s primary activities include:
- Assists in reviewing space management requests from field offices and/or divisions for the acquisition alteration/renovation, and release of space occupied by the FBI
- Collaborate with GSA, engineers, and architects in establishing design criteria, standards, layouts, and specifications
- Assists in conducting site studies, interviews, and plan reviews
- Assist in preparing schematic/design intent drawings and make recommendations on best method for arrangement of furniture, equipment, and personnel
- Assists in providing requesting sources with guidance and assistance for adherence to Bureau policy, Federal regulations, and specifications as it relates to space management.
- Assist in preparing resulting documents/presentation material in a decision-ready or signature-ready format for review and approval
- Assist in maintaining and updating records, documents, and databases related to space management matters
You must be a U.S. citizen and consent to a complete background investigation, drug test, and polygraph as a prerequisite for employment. The FBI is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity and inclusion. For more information about the FBI visit: www.fbijobs.gov. For more information on the benefits as a government employee visit: www.opm.gov