The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston (FRBB) is administering special lending facilities to support lending to small and medium-sized businesses due to exigent circumstances caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
A requirement of this position is that the employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or qualify for an accommodation from the Bank’s vaccination policy; individuals who are unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may request an accommodation from the Bank.
This position is part of the Boston Fed’s Internship/ Co-op Program which is offered to students who are currently enrolled in graduate and undergraduate studies.
As part of the central bank of the United States, the Boston Fed works to promote sound growth and financial stability in New England and the nation. We contribute to communities, the region, and the nation by conducting economic research, participating in monetary policymaking, supervising certain financial institutions, providing financial services and payments, playing a leadership role in the payments industry, and supporting economic well-being in communities through a variety of efforts.
The Main Street Lending Program (MSLP) was designed to provide support to small and medium-sized businesses and their employees across the United States during the period of financial strain by supporting the provision of credit to such businesses. The availability of additional credit was intended to help companies that were in sound financial condition prior to the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic maintain their operations and payroll until conditions normalize. Small and medium-sized businesses are integral to the U.S. economy and create jobs for a large share of the U.S. workforce.
The data analyst intern/co-op will work with the Lead Data Analyst and others in the MSLP department. The intern/co-op will be responsible for analyzing and transforming data into meaningful and valuable input for management decision making. This will require leveraging various data sources to provide analytics that will contribute to data integrity validation, process automation, and report generation for MSLP. Throughout the internship, there will be opportunities to present the work conducted to both MSLP and other Boston Fed management. *Must be available from January to June 2022.*
1. Learn to manage, manipulate, interpret, and analyze both internal and external datasets.
2. Design controls to ensure data integrity, consistency, and quality.
3. Maintain documentation of analytics conducted and assumptions made in analyses.
4. With oversight, present in both verbal and written form to provide stakeholders with data analytics that gives meaning, insight, and purpose to information.
Perform other duties as assigned.
This position is not required to directly supervise others.
Knowledge and Experience:
– Pursuing major in relevant quantitative field, such as Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics
– Experience using R and/or Python, or similar programming and analytics applications.
– Experience in data visualization using Tableau, PowerBI, R Shiny or other dashboarding tools (a plus)
– Knowledge of machine learning techniques is a plus, but not required
– Knowledge of version control software, such as Git, is a plus, but not required
– Proficient in MS Office products: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time.