Poptropica, a leading destination forkids to play online, entertains over 1 million players a month on our website and app. We’re a team of passionate game creators, curators, educators, marketers and technologists with staff located throughout the country.
We are looking for driven, passionate interns to join our marketing team. The ideal candidates are planning on building their portfolio for a career in the digital marketing or communications field. During this program, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the marketing team managing various social media pages, completing market research, copywriting, reaching out to influencers, as well as other tasks related to the subject matter.
- Strong interest in social media/digital marketing
- Strong writing and grammar skills
- Self-starter who takes initiative without heavy supervision
- Knows the ins and outs of social media, avid social media user and has a strong knowledge in memes and trends
- Gaming industry knowledge and interest is a plus
- Graphic design experience a plus
- SEO & keyword research experience a plus
- Boots on the ground research
- Keeping up with social chatter
- Monitor relevant terms on social media & engage in the conversation
- Familiarize with games and look for game-specific posts
- Look into related subject matter
- Game-related keyword research
- Using our professional channels to reach out to potential influencers
- UGC gathering
- Scour for user-generated content such as videos, memes, gaming streams, etc.
- Keep an eye on the Internet/everyday social for new memes or trends relevant to Poptropica
- Uploading blog articles and optimized game instructions via our website CMS
- Creating and gathering images to include in blog posts
- Experience creating YouTube or TikTok videos a plus but not required