Founded in 1984, FINCA International (FINCA) is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation headquartered in Washington, DC and registered in the State of New York. FINCA is the founder and majority shareholder of FINCA Impact Finance (FIF), one of the largest global networks of community-based microfinance institutions and banks that operates across 20 countries, provides services to more 2.3 million low-income customers annually.
Major Gifts Team: Who We Are
Charged with igniting interest and significant financial support for FINCA International, the Major Gifts Team is the agency’s frontline ambassador to high net-worth individuals, family foundations and philanthropic leaders in the United States. Part art and part science, the Major Gifts Team develops and shares clear and insightful communications, a deep understanding of FINCA International’s – Microfinance, Social Enterprise and Research – work to raise philanthropic support.
As a FINCA intern, you will support our efforts to cultivate new partnerships and grow existing partnerships in a variety of industries through research, writing, and project management.
FINCA International: Major Gifts Intern
This is a 3-4 month position with a flexible start date. The hours are flexible based on your schedule with a preference for a minimum of 20 hours and capped at 25 hours a week.
This is a remote-work position.
- Research strategic markets, individual funders, and specific companies that could be a good fit for FINCA
- Write donor-centric content, such as blog posts and client success stories (ideally 1 post/week)
- Assist with content production for social media channels relating to FINCA International’s mission
- Perform discrete data entry projects on an as-needed basis
- Perform other administrative tasks to support donor cultivation and stewardship efforts
- Develop briefs and donor-ready materials in advance of donor meetings
Education and Experience
High School in progress
Bachelor’s degree in progress (preferred)
Proficiency in a full range of MS Office applications and willingness to learn new software.
- Interest in international development, microfinance, communications, marketing and fundraising
- Strong computer and internet research skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Database experience a plus
This position has a monthly stipend of $150.
If you are pursuing course credit in addition to the provided stipend for this position, please check with your school advisor for their individual internship policy, requirements, and restrictions.