FirstLink Research and Analytics is a professional services firm that provides market and operations research and analysis in support of advancing new technologies and innovative products. We are seeking candidates for a remote Research Analyst position. This is an excellent opportunity for a detail-oriented individual. Work will include assisting with conducting research, analyzing and interpreting data, and preparing reports for internal and external clients.
Research will involve a wide and ever-changing assessment of technologies and markets, end-user requirements, regulatory environments, general patent and intellectual property parameters and all other aspects of the business case relating to a particular technology, program or opportunity. Assessment of end-user requirements, novel technologies, emerging markets, customer segmentation and statistical modeling will all be required to accomplish the task. Analyst will be required to assist in gathering information on capability gaps, end-user requirements, market size, competitors, pricing, sales and methods of marketing and distribution.
This work supports overall assessments of technologies, technology and/or capability needs, the business opportunity represented, and/or the additional activity necessary to accelerate commercial outcomes.
- Communicate with staff to understand the business and research objectives
- Fulfill the data and information needs of projects
- Utilize methods to obtain information, including questionnaire formation, discovery of information sources, use of social networks and online search tools
- Gather information from primary and secondary sources, including by means of online searches and databases
- Aggregate information into written reports and presentations
- Perform other duties and assignments as required
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Working knowledge of and experience in internet and database searches
- Qualitative interviewing skills
- Exceptional written, oral and presentation communication abilities
- Interpersonal skills and active listening
- Comfortable addressing scientific topics
- Experience with technology transfer and transition preferred
- Experience with homeland security, public safety and first responder technologies preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in business or other relevant fields
- Existing or recent positive suitability/fitness determination for federal government work preferred or ability to obtain a positive suitability/fitness determination
- U.S Citizenship required
Ability to work within a team environment and aggregate data for strategic reporting; Strong/persuasive communication skills; Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.