The Fishbowl Challenge is an international business plan competition and accelerator program based in Palo Alto, California. We work with students from around the world to help them build tech-powered social ventures to affect social change. We’ve reached over 2000 students from over 90 countries to date, and invested +$100K in pre-seed enterprises—everything from maternal health-tech in Nigeria to solar-powered ag-tech in Ghana.
Our founding team is made of renowned industry veterans from Google, as well as young professionals from Africa, Asia, Europe, South America and the US, supported by a seasoned and diverse team of mentors. Our goal is to empower young entrepreneurs to create global social impact through business.
We are actively seeking enthusiastic interns who can work 10 – 15 hours per week for a minimum of 10 weeks to join our fall intern cohort from October – December 2021.
- Manage engagement on Fishbowl social media channels with team members
- Create graphic collateral in image and video formats for social media to align with the Fishbowl Challenge guidelines
- Develop content ideas for social media channels
- Research and suggest improvements to social media process and operations
- Support other workstreams (Comms, Alumni Relations, Learning Design etc) with graphical collateral as required
- Create a graphic design strategy for the Fishbowl Challenge Alumni Network that aligns with our content calendar
- Demonstrated experience in graphic design
- Experience in community management
- Familiarity with Canva as a design tool (Adobe Illustrator is a plus)
- Strong interest in entrepreneurship and social impact
- A keen eye for detail and a strong work ethic
- Most importantly – passion for social entrepreneurship
Due to the health guidance regarding COVID-19, you will be working remotely from home for the duration of the internship, yet will work closely with our global team on a daily basis. The internship is unpaid but you will receive a completion and program outcome certificate as well as references. Your personal and professional growth during the internship is a priority for us. Fishbowl Challenge is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.