Position Overview & Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard has immediate openings for individuals to be part-time Media Monitors to provide news worthy updates and coverage reports to clients. This position offers a great opportunity for schedule flexibility, someone who is passionate about staying up-to-date with client and industry specific news, and someone who can commit to 7:00-9:30 AM CST or 11:00 AM–noon CST or 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM CST.
At FleishmanHillard, we embrace challenges, think boldly, trust each other, and harness our talented worldwide network to provide the best in-class counsel to our roster of remarkable global clients. Are you ready to join the team?
We recognize that diversity, equity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Perform Google News searches to identify relevant media articles for reporting purposes
- Use broadcast monitoring software to identify and compile relevant broadcast media clips for reporting purposes
- Generate email-based alerts based on pre-defined templates
- Must be available to work part-time shifts from 7:00-9:30 AM CST, 11:00 AM-noon CST or 4:00-5:00 PM CST Monday through Friday
- Experience using Google News to search for specific news content
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- Experience working with broadcast monitoring platforms
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (US English)
- General familiarity with the sector a plus
- Ability to exhibit reliable independent decision making
- Ability to receive and take action on constructive feedback provided by supervisors
- Capable of fast turnarounds and able to work under pressure
- Flexible, adaptable, as guidance changes frequently
- A consummate team player who brings a passionate, positive, high-energy approach to client service and delivering results
FleishmanHillard is part of the Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Our award-winning agency specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, research and analytics, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We’ve been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; the Human Rights Campaign’s “ Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality; and NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for a decade. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, with a longstanding worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com
FleishmanHillard is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, alienage, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local laws.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.