Application Developer II – 523378
Florida International University is Miami’s public research university, focused on student success. According to U.S. News and World Report, FIU has 42 top-50 rankings in the nation among public universities. FIU is a top U.S. research university (R1), with more than $200 million in annual expenditures. FIU ranks 15th in the nation among public universities for patent production, which drives innovation, and is one of the institutions that helps make Florida the top state for higher education. The Next Horizon fundraising campaign is furthering FIU’s commitment to providing students Worlds Ahead opportunities. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers, and supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA, with more than 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. The university has awarded more than 330,000 degrees to many leaders in South Florida and beyond. For more information about FIU, visit www.fiu.edu.
The Application Developer 2 serves in a lead capacity as part of the System Support and Development Team to design, develop, and implement new technologies to facilitate the enhancement and improvement of the online learning experience at FIU Online for faculty, staff, and external clients.
- Works as part of the System Support and Development Team to ensure total product quality and integration.
- Coordinates with System Administrators and operational teams to ensure the system/application can be deployed and supported in a production environment.
- Uses Industry Standards to develop applications that interact with third party systems.
- Trains the System Support and Development Team on the use of any new technologies.
- Conducts testing and troubleshooting of applications to meet quality standards.
- Delivers software development projects on schedule and with high quality.
- Serves as a developer collaborating alongside the Learning Management System Team on the planning, documenting, developing, and implementing of projects and software integration tools.
- Works with stakeholders and clients (internal and external) to understand software requirements and ensure applications are developed and expectations are met.
- Oversees the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for assigned projects. This includes documentation, recommendations for improvements, and implementations.
- Ensures that proper backups are being performed, so that all previously mentioned systems can be recovered.
- Serves as a developer for projects, responsible for planning and implementing tasks for product completion.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Studies or other technical discipline and three (3) years related experience OR an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Experience using Laravel.
- Experience using VUE.
- Experience preferred with Salesforce Integration.
- Experience preferred with LMS and LTI Integrations.
- $60,000 – $70,000
- Begin time: 9:00 AM
- End time: 5:30 PM
- Criminal Background Check
- Fingerprinting Check
- On call 24 hour by 7 day for possible emergency situations.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
For further information or to apply online visit our website at careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID # 523378
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law