About This Role
We are searching for a Director of Marketing and Business Development who can help build our organization and lead our marketing and communications efforts. A successful candidate has experience in developing and executing marketing and business development initiatives. This candidate will need to be able to devise a compelling story that positions The Heath Examiner as a trusted health and wellness resource for doctors, academics, scientists, and consumers alike. Moreover, the ideal candidate will possess experience dealing with high-profile individuals and top-tier press and influencers. This role can be full-or part-time.
• Plan, strategize and execute marketing campaigns and activities to establish brand presence, fuel brand awareness, and manage the brand’s evolution in the health and wellness market
• Build integrated marketing and business development campaigns that fuel growth and awareness among the target market that include but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct outreach to organizations, influencers, academics, doctors, and others to build strong relationships with The Health Examiner to increase site traffic and achieve business results
- In lieu of the CEO’s attendance, occasionally attend functions and events in the wellness space to create brand awareness, develop support for the brand, and to solidify the brand’s authority in the market
- Work with leadership to oversee the social media marketing team to ensure all communications are consistent with brand messaging and that goals are met
- Create and lead our spokesperson program to establish the brand’s authority within the health and wellness industry
• Plan, schedule, and execute Ads and promotions on search and social media
• Work in a sales capacity, building relationships with potential advertisers, to secure online advertising
• Conceive other marketing and business development plans as necessary
• Develop measurable marketing objectives and assess against goals (ROIs and KPIs)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business, marketing, public relations, communications, journalism, English, nutrition, anthropology, human biology, biochemistry, human physiology, or a related field
- With a bachelor’s degree, 4+ years of experience in marketing, communications, journalism, PR, etc.
- With an MBA, MPH, or MD, 1+ years of experience in marketing, communications, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Additional “Preferred” Qualifications
- Demonstrates a passion for the health and wellness space
- Is an independent thinker who works well on his/her own
- Is self-motivated, fast learner, and strategic thinker; able to achieve high impact in a dynamic environment
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and predilection for helping build new businesses and communications programs
- Stays abreast of current health and wellness news and events as well as changes in the field
- Knowledge of PR is a plus