Foreign Policy (FP) has an immediate need for a part-time intern to join our business team in Washington DC. The successful candidate will help support customer success through our subscription and advertising services. FP is a collaborative place and candidates should enjoy working with a diverse group of professionals.
This role will have the opportunity to learn about the daily operations of two key revenue areas for Foreign Policy. The ideal candidate will have a strong customer focus with an ability to quickly learn how to navigate our subscription and ad management systems.
The person in this position will:
- Manage incoming customer communications to FP’s email inbox and phone line, providing outreach and follow up to ensure the highest degree of satisfaction
- Identify bugs and work with the technology team and external platforms to troubleshoot errors and test fixes
- Maintain sales contract data in Salesforce and monitor FP’s ad campaigns in Google Ad Manager to ensure fulfillment of contract deliverables
- Provide progress updates on active ad campaigns and report on subscriber activity to find opportunities in FP’s content and product offerings
- Expected breakdown of responsibilities: Customer Support (25%), Ad Trafficking (25%), Reporting & Data Analysis (25%), Miscellaneous Projects (25%)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Action-oriented and proactive.
- Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, and G-Suite products (Gmail, Sheets, Docs)
- Solid data analytics skills
- An interest in media and technology
This position is expected to start in June with a preferred availability of 40 hours per week. Applications reviewed on a rolling basis.
Foreign Policy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.