Form Energy is a team of passionate people tackling the challenge of climate change through transformationally low cost energy storage. Our team members are active learners who enjoy working on tough technology problems in massive markets and embody our values of humanity, excellence and creativity. The company is backed by a diverse set of committed investors and we have raised over $100M to date.
In this role, you’ll develop internal tools for Form’s battery R&D and operations teams. Form uses 3rd-party tools when we can, so your work will focus on the unique and mission-critical features that we can’t get off the shelf. Example early projects may include an app to track chemical attributes of our inventory, ETL & analytics to measure downtime of lab equipment, or supporting the launch of a new manufacturing facility. This is a unique opportunity to be an early member of a growing team making a direct impact on climate change.
What you’ll do:
- Identify high-ROI opportunities to improve how our science, technician, and operations teams get work done today, and keep your eye out for the challenges we’re about to hit
- Design, build, launch, and support a series of tools that help your internal users be more productive and make better decisions
- Advocate for high-quality software engineering practices, and lead by example
- Fill in gaps on a small team, including acting as a designer, PM, data engineer, QA engineer, or platform engineer when needed
- Work as a collaborative member of the Software team
What you’ll brging:
- 2-10 years of professional software engineering industry experience
- Proficiency in full-stack web development with a Python/React/AWS/SQL stack, including maintaining apps in production
- Passion for our mission, leading you to be simultaneously eager to move onto the next opportunity to accelerate the team, and detail-oriented to deliver a high-quality product
- A pragmatic approach to problem-solving that blends good judgement, clear communication, dependable follow-through, creative use of resources, and joy in the process
- Excitement for learning about the following (or bonus points for experience!): batteries, scientific research, supply chain, business operations, analytics, hardware engineering, manufacturing, IoT