Development Engineer (MEMS)
We live in a mobile driven world where technology is constantly improving. Semiconductor manufacturers need a partner as they pioneer and drive the most advanced integrated circuits (ICs) ever made. FormFactor is the world’s leading supplier of semiconductor test and measurement products used to test the ICs that power the majority of smart phones and tablets on the planet, as well as electronic systems used in computing, consumer, automotive, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and other applications. We are a big company with a small time feel. Working at FormFactor gives you the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, have a direct influence on next generation products hitting the market and drive the overall growth and development of the semiconductor industry.
We are a fast-paced, agile, growing company that values diversity of thought and constantly strives for a more diverse, inclusive environment. We are looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals who can thrive in a changing and challenging environment.
The Sr. Principal Development Engineer will work as a MEMS engineer in our world-class MEMS wafer fabrication facility. This position is responsible for the system recipe setup, yield improvement, and defect analysis. This position will be responsible for the process ramping & qualification.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive continuous process capability and yield improvements through the use of statistical methodologies for monitoring and data analysis.
- Drive Defect characterization and root cause analysis through tool/time operator correlation.
- Provides required deliverable and documents for program phase exit including trend chart, yield data, risk matrix, new tool requirement, and process of record.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- MS or PhD in MEMS, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Material Science or a related Engineering fields
- MEMS process development, integration
- Experience in semiconductor or MEMS research/development and manufacturing environments
- Strong communication, data analysis, and design of experiment skills are required
- Ability to demonstrate the use of SPC, DOE, and data analysis. JMP, AutoCAD, SQL database experience preferred
FormFactor is committed to providing a work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex (including breastfeeding and related conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, registered domestic partner status, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other legally protected characteristic. These protections extend to all employment and management decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations, and all other terms and conditions of employment.