Mechanical / Electrical Engineer
We live in a mobile driven world where technology is constantly improving. Semiconductor manufacturers need a partner as they pioneer and drive the most advanced integrated circuits (ICs) ever made. FormFactor is the world’s leading supplier of semiconductor test and measurement products used to test the ICs that power the majority of smart phones and tablets on the planet, as well as electronic systems used in computing, consumer, automotive, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and other applications. We are a big company with a small time feel. Working at FormFactor gives you the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, have a direct influence on next generation products hitting the market and drive the overall growth and development of the semiconductor industry.
We are a fast-paced, agile, growing company that values diversity of thought and constantly strives for a more diverse, inclusive environment. We are looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals who can thrive in a changing and challenging environment.
Join a team of engineers that design and develop custom, precision, automated equipment for Probe Card manufacturing. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, building and testing subsystems for FormFactor’s internally developed manufacturing tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design fixtures, tooling, subsystems for tool and process improvement
- Assemble, test, and incrementally improve created designs
- Work with the team to integrate and deliver complete systems to production
- Generate design documentation and detailed procedures for assembly and qualification
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Required: MA Degree. Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering
- Education and experience: 0 – 3 years of experience in automation equipment and tooling design
- Required Solid Internship
- Hands on experience with complex precision electromechanical systems
- Hands on experience with PLC programming, pneumatics, sensors, servo/stepper motors, and robot motion control
- Hands on experience with electrical circuit function, wiring, soldering, and testing
- 3D CAD modelling experience required. SolidWorks and PDM experience desired
- Experience with machine vision and optics desired
- Knowledge of machine shop best practices
- MS office – primarily Excel
- Good communication skills
FormFactor is committed to providing a work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex (including breastfeeding and related conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, registered domestic partner status, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other legally protected characteristic. These protections extend to all employment and management decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations, and all other terms and conditions of employment.