The Intern, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and Community Engagement assists with day-to-day tasks of the team as well as supports projects and team initiatives. This position is exposed to sensitive information, as such this role requires a high degree of initiative, discretion and confidentiality in the handling of sensitive information.
The FMI Internship Program is offered to students currently registered in a degree program. It is a 10-12 week summer commitment, Full Time, 40 hours/week. Interns will gain a greater understanding of FMI through challenging project-based work, Spotlight Speaker Series with company executives, and the chance to connect with all employees by attending many company-wide events.
This team is currently working remotely, but when working in office is based in Boston, MA.
Foundation Medicine is unable to consider candidates that will require visa sponsorship now, or in the future, for this specific role.
• Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I)
· Source relevant DE&I surveys; complete and submit as required.
· Support analysis of DE&I internal data and assist in the build of required reporting dashboards.
· Review and provide summaries of required articles for diversity trending data.
· Serve as the DE&I conduit/point person for content for Hub page and websites.
· Support the work of the FMI Diversity Committee and sub-committees as required.
· Organize and execute relevant, strategic DE&I events, virtual and real time.
• Community and Employee Engagement (CEE)
· Source local organizations for potential volunteering activities.
· Assist in coordination of logistics and communications for volunteer efforts and attend at least one event.
· Manage volunteering portal.
· Attend and participate in Employee Resource Network (ERN) steering committee meetings.
· Assist in compiling Community and Employee Engagement stories for internal and external use.
· Assist with Boston Pride logistical planning, and other FMI community events.
· Measure effectiveness of ongoing community effort, or impact of values by:
· Gathering data,
· Analyzing findings; and,
· Making recommendations.
· Assist with photographing events.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Rising senior enrolled in an accredited college or university pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management or a related field
• Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite and Excel
• Experience working in an office environment
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
• Track record of engaging in polite, timely, detail-oriented communications at all levels
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills
• Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills
• Strong listening skills and effective collaboration skills
• Ability to multi-task and remain flexible with changing priorities
• Ability to stay highly motivated, resourceful, independent and flexible
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion