The Intern, Translational Oncology and Clinical Reporting will be integrated into a team of scientists, scientific copy editors, and medical reporting curators to carry out organizational and operational tasks in support of Foundation Medicine’s medical reporting process.
The FMI Internship Program is offered to students currently registered in a degree program. It is a 10-12 week summer commitment, Full Time, 40 hours/week. Interns will gain a greater understanding of Foundation Medicine through challenging project-based work, Spotlight Speaker Series with company executives, and the chance to connect with all employees by attending many company-wide virtual events.
This team is currently working remotely, but when working in office is based in Cambridge, MA.
Foundation Medicine is unable to consider candidates that will require visa sponsorship now, or in the future, for this specific role.
• Contributes to team operational goals through duties that support case tracking and reporting metrics.
• Follows established procedures to enter, annotate, and maintain data in databases.
• Carry out established processes related to clinical case movement and reporting.
• Implement and/or improve a clear organizational system for documents and resources.
• Proofread clinical report content for spelling, grammar, style, and overall quality, if applicable.
• Additional writing, organizational, operational tasks, and other projects as needed.
• Other projects as periodically assigned.
• Rising senior enrolled in an accredited college or university pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in a biological or life science
• Familiarity with Power BI
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite’s Word, Powerpoint and Excel programs
• Work experience in an office setting or scientific setting
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational, administrative, and analytical skills
• Creativity and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to:
· perform careful, detail-oriented work under deadline pressure
· manage and prioritize multiple tasks with strong attention to detail
· quickly grasp and adapt to complex, changing systems
· perform assignments with minimal supervision
• A desire to learn and develop
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Patients, Passion, Innovation and Collaboration