Job ID 20000LEE
Available Openings 2
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Assists in the preparation of market research and feasibility studies to analyze the viability of alternative business development opportunities and contributes to the development and preparation of market based analytical models and evaluation tools. Applies basic principles and theories to produce analyses, reports and recommendations regarding the overall impact of potential business opportunities to the respective business lines working with Market Intelligence Analytics team members as needed. Assists in identifying anticipated market trends across the Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) to End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) spectrum, helping to prepare competitive market analyses and modeling to support future intra-company business lines.
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMCNA policy requirements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Following established procedures and applying basic principles and concepts, performs market research, analysis and reporting within a limited scope and complexity relative to future expansion/or contraction of business lines across the Fresenius NA books of business.
- Obtains data from internal resources including finance, business development, managed care, the medical office and other resources for basic analyses regarding market conditions and business line conditions within the company.
- Assists with the analysis of external data obtained from purchased research databases and industry surveys to identify and prospective strategic opportunities and initiatives to support the growth of the company.
- Assists in the formatting, loading and processing of the key data into applicable FMCNA databases.
- Provides input regarding the design and development of new analytic and modeling tools for analyses.
- Helps with the development of Market Intelligence Analytics team PowerPoint presentations to Business Development senior management, appropriate business line management, and practice stakeholders to determine a common objective and to support development of common strategies and initiatives.
- Generates monthly reports that track performance of implemented strategic initiatives and disburses these to the appropriate staff and management.
- Conducts research into industry and governmental trends and provides basic analyses regarding the relative impact across the organization business lines as directed by Senior Director Market Intelligence Analytics and Senior Analyst. Provides regular updates to the Senior Director and Senior Analyst regarding the status of the analyses and the findings.
- Contributes to, and assists with, the administration of team project portfolios as designated by the Senior Director or Senior Analyst.
- Conducts analyses and research of assigned projects of a limited complexity
- Assists in the production of quarterly performance analyses for the assigned business line projects including:
- Basic analyses regarding key performance indices to identify performance trends of projects and accuracy of projections and key assumptions used in forecasting models.
- Creating regression analyses to ascertain correlations between strong performance and influences to performance
- Supporting development of dynamic forecast models to allow outputs to be computed, based on multi-dimension scenario inputs.
- Assists in the development of communication strategies to apprise key business line management of the underlying issues and trends contributing to the positive, neutral or negative performance outcomes.
- Provides input regarding the analysis and modeling of data to identify opportunities and threats to future business lines.
- Performs monthly maintenance of departmental reports, updating data with most current information. Takes the appropriate actions to ensure the integrity of departmental data used for basis of analyses.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree with specialization in business and/or finance
- Possession or active pursuit of advance degree, such as MBA, preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 0-1 year in market research and analysis, competitive analysis, business development or financial analysis. Healthcare industry experience beneficial.
- Familiarity with corporate financial concepts, competitive dynamics, market structure of dialysis and/or healthcare industry and government influence on market trends.
- Demonstrated initiative at translating concepts and ideas into concrete deliverables
- Demonstrated critical thinking in complex situations with an ability to synthesize ambiguous data into concrete insights
- Proficiency with PC-based software such as MS Access, Map Point, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be flexible to maintain focus and productivity in an environment of frequently changing priorities and tasks.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.