The Legal Assistant will support the Firm’s Asset Management practice, primarily assisting the Private Equity Fund Formation (PEFF) group’s subscription document review attorneys in managing the subscription document review process for private equity fund clients. In this role, the Legal Assistant will work closely with partners and associates in the Firm’s New York, Washington, D.C. and London offices. The Legal Assistant administratively reports to the Director of Corporate Practice as a member of the Corporate legal assistant team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the subscription document review attorneys with respect to the subscription document review process for direct investments and transfers, including tracking the progress of review for subscription documents.
- Provide support and handle tasks on a wide range of subscription document review-related issues, including fulfillment of reconciliation and document audit and document production requests.
- Coordinate among clients, attorneys, paralegals and clerks to optimize work flow and meet funding deadlines.
- Provide support on document management projects, including creating and maintaining investor tracking charts, side letter and other compendiums, proofing documents and similar tasks.
- Maintain records of investor documents in online databases and in hard-copy files.
- Provide additional paralegal administrative support to the Private Equity Fund Formation group as needed on billable and selected non-billable matters.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience: At least 1-2 years of relevant work experience. Experience in a law firm or legal setting or in financial services preferred. Prior organizational experience/experience with computer software and databases a plus. Prior paralegal experience desirable.
Skills and Abilities: Must be able to effectively work and communicate with all levels of partners, attorneys, and staff. Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of information. Must have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, including ability to compile, track and maintain detailed information with a high degree of accuracy. Requires effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills. Must demonstrate a strong client service mindset. Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments, spot and resolve issues, and track open items to completion, while working under pressure to meet important deadlines. All positions require punctuality and ability to work effectively on a remote basis; expected to work out of the New York office when the Firm’s offices reopen.