This is not a technical position. Please read the job description before applying.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Market Research Industry Principal professional based in the United States to play a key role in the growth of Frost & Sullivan’s global cyber security research and consulting team. This position requires the candidate to help grow our business practice by spearheading our US thought leadership, proactively supporting client engagements and business development activities, and through involvement with team-building initiatives.
The Security division of Frost & Sullivan provides organizations with up-to-date market intelligence that enables our clients to take advantage of the rapid pace of technology and business model evolution in global markets. Security has become a modern business necessity for every industry. Frost & Sullivan’s cyber security team provides clients with differentiated market intelligence that delivers both vendor and end-user insights used by enterprises around the world to make educated business decisions.
Today, more than ever before, companies must innovate, not only to survive, but thrive in the future. We’ve spent more than 50 years guiding our clients toward transformational growth strategies by focusing on innovation opportunities driven by disruptive technologies, mega trends, emerging markets and new business models. This is your opportunity to be part of a revolutionary global team that truly inspires positive global changes. Learn more about Frost & Sullivan: http://tinyurl.com/Frost-Sullivan-overview
- Domain Expertise– Be a thought leader in the cyber security team, delivering value via strategic research, client engagement, global press, and social media outreach.
- Business Development –Maintain business relationships with global security vendors by regularly participating in briefings with security vendors and conducting business needs analysis for Frost & Sullivan clients.
- Intellectual Property and Strategic Evaluation – Develop actionable, strategic, insightful, up-to-date market intelligence based on primary and secondary market research on the technologies, and services that the cyber security industry sells to the enterprise market.
- Consulting Engagement – Proactively contribute to cyber security consulting projects, demonstrate specialist knowledge in the cyber security industry, and utilize defined research and analytical practices in a team-focused environment.
The successful candidate will have an educational background in business, market research, economics, journalism, or technology with a strong background in security advisory domain. A proactive, methodical, and innovative – thinking outside the box – working practice is essential, with the ability to deliver accurate, high impact results in a fast-paced team-focused environment.
- A relevant university degree (BA, BS) in business marketing, market research, economics, journalism, or technology, a Master’s degree is preferred.
- A degree-level education or equivalent experience within a relevant related discipline.
- A minimum of 6 years of analyst/consulting working experience within a Consulting and/or Advisory services business environment. At 3 years of experience working on Security-focused topics.
- The ability to conduct research and write in grammatically correct English is required.
- A firm understanding of consulting/research/investigative journalism methodologies and business modelling (primary/secondary research, coherent story development).
- A comprehensive understanding of cybersecurity industry dynamics, spanning industry structure, operational practices, business functionalities, and competitive landscapes.
- A firm understanding of key cyber security issues in more than one of the following areas:
- Infrastructure security for networks, computing, and storage systems
- Internet of things (IoT) security issues and solutions
- Network security architecture and zoning, network virtualization security
- Firewalls, intrusion prevention/detection systems, and security outside the firewall
- Software-defined data center/network security architecture
- Security orchestration & automation, threat intelligence, managed defence & response, managed security services
- Zero trust, encryption technologies, secure elements, and root of trust
- Digital Trust and Security Maturity
- MITRE ATT&CK, NIST, ISO 27001 and other security frameworks
- Status as a respected security industry thought leader, with experience of working closely with leading global security vendors.
- The ability to network to create new security vendor relationships and to proactively manage ongoing relationships to stay relevant to security vendors.
- Ability to support business development initiatives that benefit the entire team.
- An analytical thought process, with outstanding written and verbal communication skills and business level fluency in grammatically correct English.
- Established public presentation skills – both in front of an audience and a video camera.
- Confidence to present your work to a group of peers or a client and defend your analysis in a calm and professional manner.
- Ability to travel (when conditions allow) to both domestic US and global security industry tradeshows and client events.
- A team player who views team collaboration as an important path to professional development.
- A competitive base salary plus bonus/commission
- “Best in class” global team that strives for excellence
- Have the opportunity to be part of a fun working environment and participate in social activities as well as partake in various incentive programs designed to drive employee satisfaction.
- Be part of an open working environment with an approachable attitude to meet and work alongside multiple teams and business leaders.
- An friendly open environment with a diverse and international operational focus
- A definite career path with numerous growth opportunities