Fulton County Board of Health
Division of Health Promotion
Basic Job Description
Plan, organize, and promote public health education programs and awareness for special population needs and the community at large including developing educational materials to promote a healthy life style; conducting community health needs assessments; and teaching health education classes to raise and enhance community awareness of public health issues, and improve community health.
· Performs community health educational needs assessments, including developing data collection
· Collects and analyzes data for use in designing programs to promote healthy lifestyles.
· Conducts public health education classes and programs, including developing documented course
· outlines, training methods to be used, and course evaluations.
· Conducts community outreach by attending a variety of community meetings to promote and explain
· health improvement programs.
· Develops and maintains association with public, professional, and civic groups to promote healthy
· lifestyle awareness.
· Reviews and evaluates health educational materials and resources received from external sources.
· Develops and maintains a public health resource library.
Specific Duties may include:
Adolescent Health & Youth Development: 50-60% time
· Provide support to the PH Senior Educator to develop, market, and implement a county-wide youth council;
· Utilize qualitative and quantitative data to identify priority communities (neighborhoods, schools, demographics) for implementation of adolescent health strategies.
· Develop a tool to track program reach.
· Maintain the Community Resource Referral Directory.
Injury Prevention: 40-50%
· Use morbidity and mortality data to describe community and demographic trends related to childhood injuries.
· Analyze data from child passenger safety seat inspection tool to identify trends related to deficiencies/defects of car seats; make recommendations for developing population level strategies for addressing common defects.
· Assist Health Educator in developing health education presentations.
Preferred knowledge, skills and abilities
• Microsoft Word
• Microsoft Excel
• Microsoft PowerPoint
• Cultural Competence
• Meeting Facilitation
• Positive Youth Development Principles
• Data Analysis