Farmers To You is an online farm-to-table grocer focused on developing lasting partnerships and mutual understanding between our customers and the growers who produce the amazing food we sell. The majority of our sales are currently in the Boston area, with additional sites in Central VT, and the Champlain Valley. The FTY Team is passionate about working collectively to change the food system and building connections between the families and farmers who feed and support each other.
The e-Commerce Lead will be responsible for expanding and guiding the FTY e-Commerce business by retaining customers, enhancing revenue through data and analysis and supporting the brand values. In this position you will have a strong understanding of how to drive traffic online and the conversion of digital leads to sales. This individual will have a passion for user experience and make the Farmers To You shopping experience outstanding by analyzing and improving the activity and transactions on the site.
The e-Commerce Lead will also analyze markets, competitors and customer segments and make suggestions for the further development of the business based on their analysis. FTY is looking for a self-motivated, analytically minded individual with a passion for making our e-Commerce platform the best it can be so we can continue to feed and support our families and help our farmers create a healthier planet in the process.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
● Ensure the e-Commerce experience is aligned with brand and business objectives
● Serve as the subject matter expert on the online customer experience and website performance
● Partner across Marketing Communications and Purchasing teams to drive collaborative projects to completion; optimize and ensure a cohesive customer experience across all touch points
● Collaborate with Purchasing Team to develop competitive market pricing strategies
● Develop and execute strategic tests and cross-functional projects that will improve the conversion rate and drive revenue growth
● Monitor and provide analysis of online e-Commerce analytics (KPI’s such as conversion, traffic, and clicks) to drive e-Commerce performance
● Analyze site metrics and related data to identify opportunities to improve merchandising and the customer experience, formulating concrete roadmaps to drive measurable change
● Manage UX of eCommerce platform and analytics.
● Analysis of potential front-end updates
● Monitor and improve SEO
● Manage CRM system and maintain data.
● Provide data to Marketing and Communications staff to support retention and growth
● Collaborate with Marketing and Communications Teams to form strategies to assist with customer retention and acquisition of new customers
● Monitor and improve Customer Acquisition Cost – CAC
● Create, test and/or optimize digital marketing (spend) across multiple channels to grow sales: Paid Social, Paid Search, SEO, Email, and others. Create productive partnerships with outside platforms/partners (Facebook, Google, etc.)
● Stay current on user acquisition, customer retention and re-engagement and activation trends, best practices, and competitor strategies to develop new ideas and initiatives
● Communicate findings and results with senior leaders throughout FTY, acting as a member of the broader single thread within your vertical and act as an advocate
Qualifications and Experience
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
● 3-5 years e-Commerce experience and thorough understanding of online retailing
● Proven, successful track record in building sales leads, customer acquisition, sales, and retention
● Analytical skills as well as strong communication skills to articulate the brand values
● Experience with Google analytics, SEA/SEO, CAC optimization, customer service, and creative digital marketing
● Experience with analysis of customer segmentation and buying behavior through surveys and website monitoring of activities
● Demonstrated experience with the deduction of appropriate marketing and sales activities from the customer analyses to increase customer loyalty, sales, retention and profitability
● Experience with monitoring / measuring the success of the individual marketing campaigns
● Creating transparency of the costs of customer Acquisition / Making the CACs measurable
● Demonstrated experience with the development of new acquisition channels and creating an incentive system to attract and retain customers
Farmers To You is partnering with Gallagher Flynn’s HR Consulting Team to source candidates for this search. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by sending an introductory cover letter and resume to Dan Lyons, Managing Director, HR Consulting at email@example.com or call 802-556-1167. While we appreciate all interest in this opportunity, only candidates whose experience most closely aligns will be contacted.
Disclaimer: What’s listed above is representative of the responsibilities of the position but is not meant to be an exhaustive list. Responsibilities may change during employment at the company’s discretion. Gallagher, Flynn & Company, LLP and Farmers To You do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.