GameChange Solar is a global leader in solar trackers and fixed-tilt structures with active power plants all over the world. We are one of the fastest-growing, most dynamic companies in the solar industry and we are currently accepting applications for a Geotechnical Project Engineer. The ideal candidate is a creative, intelligent, and a driven professional who wants to change the world by making solar energy affordable.
Required Skills and Qualifications
· BS in Civil Engineering, Geological Engineering, Geology, or related degree
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
· Valid US Driver’s License
· Ability to perform work independently and reliably according to work schedules and assignments
· Excellent interpersonal skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
· Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certificate
· Experience with geotechnical field investigations (soil borings, test pits, pull testing etc..)
· Experience with foundation design and geotechnical report preparation
· Experience with LPILE, AutoCAD and Civil 3D
Your typical day may include the following:
· Work with our Business Development staff to review site geotechnical reports for potential projects. You would need to be able to flag potential design risks and make preliminary recommendations on foundation types
· Help put together pull test procedures, send them out for quote to our network of geotechnical sub-contractors and coordinate access with the site developers
· Review results from pull testing and work with our team of structural engineers to finalize pile design for our racking systems
· Interfacing with clients and participating in project meetings with other design engineers/contractors
· This is an office support role and fieldwork is generally not required. However, site visits are encouraged. This will help you gain a deeper understanding of the preliminary geotechnical field testing, construction, and tracker operation process.
· GameChange will provide financial support for licensure (EIT/PE or GIT/PG) and other professional development activities that you feel will enhance your career.
· All employees are still working remotely due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Our new office in Norwalk Connecticut will be opening later this year and that space will soon be available to employees once the public health guidelines allow it.
· The availability of remote work/flexible schedules will be assessed on a case by case basis. Our top priority is bringing on talented individuals who can contribute to our overall mission so don’t let your geographic location keep you from applying.