DEVELOPMENT INTERN at GAMES FOR CHANGE
About this Job:
Games for Change (G4C) is looking for an intern to support fundraising efforts related to G4C’s work in social impact video games, esports, and immersive media. The intern will have hands-on opportunities to work on projects related to fundraising across government, corporate and foundation sectors, with an emphasis on research, data management, writing and editing. The intern will report to G4C’s Director of Development, who oversees institutional fundraising efforts for G4C. Candidates for this unpaid internship (school credit only) should meet the below qualifications and requirements.
- Support the Director of Development (and other staff as needed) in research, outreach and communication.
- Research and compile information, including contact information, on current and potential partners and funders.
- Assist on planning meetings and events as needed.
- Assist in creating and editing documents, and presentations.
- Very reliable, self-motivated and proactive.
- Passion for and interest in social impact games and education.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Strong communication skills (PowerPoint, Google Docs, Adobe) and ability to work with remote teams.
- Strong English language skills (oral and written).
- Demonstrate strong computer skills and ability to produce high-quality information visually.
- Proven abilities for problem-solving, multi-tasking, meet deadlines and work under
pressure, strong follow-up skills.
- Be able to work as part of a team in a constantly evolving work environment.
- Weekly commitment of 20-30 hours/week; minimum of 12 weeks. Start date <<January 2021>>.
- Position is done remotely.
- Internship is for school credit only. Applicants must be enrolled in a college or university level program and be eligible to receive school credit
To apply, please fill out a form here. Include the following in a cover letter: Please send your resume as an attachment and include the following information in the body of the email:
- Availability (hours per week) and location
- School, program and expected graduation year
- Overview of interest and experience with business development and corporate/foundation partnerships.
- Details on any prior related internship experience
About Games for Change
Founded in 2004, Games for Change empowers game creators and social innovators to drive
real-world change using games that help people to learn, improve their communities, and contribute to make the world a better place. We convene stakeholders through our annual G4C Festival and foster the exchange of ideas and resources through workshops and consulting projects. We inspire youth to explore civic issues and learn 21st-century and STEM skills through our Student Challenge and train educators to run game design classes on impact games. We incubate projects through our game design challenges and executive production expertise in coalition building. We act as an amplifier by curating and evangelizing games for change to the public through our games arcades and awards.