PROGRAM INTERN (G4C LEARN) at GAMES FOR CHANGE
Games for Change is looking for a Program Intern to support programs within G4C Learn, an initiative promoting social impact and educational games in Fall 2021. This intern will report to the Director of Programs & Operations and the Program Manager at Games for Change. Interns will may receive course credit for their time (internship is unpaid). All work will be done remotely.
START: August/September 2021
END: December 2021
Candidates must meet the below qualifications and requirements:
- Develop an outreach plan for the National G4C Student Challenge and conduct outreach for the program
- Conduct research on games, game-related programs, tech opportunities and scholarships as it relates to students and educators
- Overseeing and managing email accounts and databases
- Compose copy for overview documents, concept decks, emails, website copy, blog posts, and other materials for G4C Learn
- Assist with In Kind donation outreach and organization for the National Student Challenge and other programs
- Supporting all virtual events (which may take place on Saturdays)
- Note taking during internal team meetings
- Help with other tasks as needed
- Very reliable, self-motivated, punctual, and proactive
- Passion for and interest in social impact games and education
- Highly organized and detailed-oriented
- Desire to share Games for Change’s mission
- Experience with Mailchimp is a bonus!
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Experienced researcher
- Very strong communication skills and ability to work with remote teams
- Weekly commitment of approximately 15-20 hours per week (remotely), plus participation at virtual G4C events as needed
- Internship is for school credit only. Applicants must be enrolled in a college or university level program and be eligible to receive school credit for the completion of their internship
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the following form with an up-to-date cover letter and resumé.
You will also need to provide 2 writing samples:
- A school paper that demonstrates your writing skills (minimum 4 pages)
- A 1-2 page review of any educational video game of your choice
ABOUT GAMES FOR CHANGE
Founded in 2004, Games for Change empowers game creators and social innovators to drive real-world change using games that help people to learn, improve their communities, and contribute to making the world a better place. We convene stakeholders through our annual G4C Festival and foster the exchange of ideas and resources through workshops and consulting projects. We inspire youth to explore civic issues and learn 21st-century and STEM skills through our Student Challenge and train educators to run game design classes on impact games. We incubate projects through our game design challenges and executive production expertise in coalition building. We act as an amplifier by curating and evangelizing games for change to the public through our games arcades and awards.