About this Job
Games for Change is looking for a communications intern to support a range of projects promoting games for social impact this <<SUMMER>>. Candidates for this unpaid internship should meet the qualifications and requirements below.
- Support G4C Staff (Communications Manager) in outreach and communication activities across range of game development projects
- Conduct research on games, game related programs, articles, tech opportunities and interventions, and game developers
- Communicate / Outreach to partners seeking support with impact game projects and lease with game developers, funders, researchers, and evaluators
- Compile contact lists and research contact info
- Compose copy for social media posts, overview documents, and concept decks
- Aid in creating graphics and collateral for social media posts, events and more
- Very reliable, self-motivated and proactive
- Passion for and interest in social impact games and video game development (production, design, & development)
- Highly organized and detailed-oriented
- Strong copywriting and editing skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign, After Effects and Premiere Pro a plus!)
- Experience with WordPress and Mailchimp a plus
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with remote teams
- Desire to share Games for Change’s mission
- Weekly commitment of 20-30 hours/week, plus participation at G4C events; minimum of 12 weeks. Start date <<May/June 2021>>.
- Position based in New York.
- Internship is for school credit only. Applicants must be enrolled in a college or university level program and be eligible to receive school credit
To apply, please fill out a form here. Include the following in a cover letter: Please send your resume as an attachment and include the following information:
- Availability (hours per week) and location
- School, program and expected graduation year
- Overview of interest and experience