GBH enriches people’s lives through programs and services that educate, inspire, and entertain, fostering citizenship and culture, the joy of learning, and the power of diverse perspectives.
Produced live at GBH Studios in Boston, Basic Black is the longest-running program on public television focusing on the interests of people of color. The show, which was originally called Say Brother, was created in 1968 during the height of the civil rights movement as a response to the demand for public television programs reflecting the concerns of communities of color. Each episode features a panel discussion across demographic and generational lines with the most current stories, interviews, and commentaries.
The Basic Black Internship will provide opportunities for students to learn about the many aspects of studio television production including: production coordinating and scheduling, direction, and production management. Interns should be well-versed in community and cultural issues as well as be prepared to discuss topics/stories that impact Black and Brown communities during the interview process.
- Assist the production staff in various aspects of production such as logging tapes, video duplication, videotape research and attaining Appearance, Music and Materials Releases when applicable
- Research show topics via newspapers, magazines, and on-line services and keeping timely files on various topics and issues pertaining to Basic Black
- Attend staff and story development meetings when available
- Assist in video production for the Basic Black website
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the Associate Producer and Executive Producer to learn administrative aspect of production
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and On-line services
- Excellent research skills
- A general sense of administrative management
Paid Internship $15/hour (Part-time)
GBH internships provide students with valuable work experience and real-world knowledge across many different fields of study, from TV and radio production to web design, accounting, law, and other administrative areas.
SPRING 2022 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
- Spring 2022 Virtual Internship dates: January 24th – April 22nd
- You must have cover letters for each internship that you are applying to.
- Candidates must have their own computer and access to Wifi.
- Candidates must be in an Undergrad or Grad program and have work authorization for the United States.
To learn more about our program follow us on Instagram:
GBH is an equal opportunity employer. The community and audience we serve is diverse, and we wish to foster that diversity in our workplace. Toward that end, GBH does not discriminate against individuals in hiring, employment or promotion on the basis of race, religion, color, sex/gender, gender identity and gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap or disability, veteran or military status, political belief, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.