GBH enriches people’s lives through programs and services that educate, inspire, and entertain, fostering citizenship and culture, the joy of learning, and the power of diverse perspectives.
The Emerging Platforms Initiative at GBH is a commitment to experimenting with new forms of storytelling on new platforms for new public media audiences. Our mission is to create original, video series for emerging platforms, iterating quickly based on learnings and successes, and applying those learnings to the GBH productions you know and love.
The Emerging Platforms Intern will join a small unit creating native video for emerging social video platforms.
- Audience and content development
- Develop, pitch, write, produce and edit GBH TikTok content
- Visual asset creation and sourcing
- Post-production support including video editing, motion graphics animation, documentation, and research
- Content promotion and distribution including creating social toolkits, writing captions, and posting content
- Assessment, including compiling and analyzing analytics across platforms
- Interest in journalism, digital video, and innovative non-fiction storytelling
- Knowledge of emerging social video platforms such as TikTok, Snapchat, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitch
- Experience making motion graphics and editing video
- Experience creating and growing an audience around a social video series or show
- Creativity and enthusiasm for digital media innovation
- Passion for popular culture, youth culture, science, and/or history
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud software, especially Premiere and After Effects
- Experience shooting video and/or graphic design a plus
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects, tasks, and shifting priorities.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly and apply them to daily tasks
- Personal integrity and ability to manage confidential information appropriately
- Willingness to learn
Paid Internship $15/hour (Part-time )
GBH internships provide students with valuable work experience and real-world knowledge across many different fields of study, from TV and radio production to web design, accounting, law, and other administrative areas.
SPRING 2022 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
- Spring Virtual Internship dates: January 24th – April 22nd
- You must have cover letters for each internship that you are applying to.
- Candidates must have their own computer and access to Wifi.
- Candidates must be in an Undergrad or Grad program and have work authorization for the United States.
To learn more about our program follow us on Instagram:
GBH is an equal opportunity employer. The community and audience we serve is diverse, and we wish to foster that diversity in our workplace. Toward that end, GBH does not discriminate against individuals in hiring, employment or promotion on the basis of race, religion, color, sex/gender, gender identity and gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap or disability, veteran or military status, political belief, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.