GBH enriches people’s lives through programs and services that educate, inspire, and entertain, fostering citizenship and culture, the joy of learning, and the power of diverse perspectives.
Since 1983, FRONTLINE has served as PBS’s flagship public affairs series. Hailed upon its debut as ‘the last best hope for broadcast documentaries,’ FRONTLINE’s stature over more than 35 seasons is reaffirmed each week through incisive documentaries covering the scope and complexity of the human experience. The series has won every award in journalism — including 100 Emmy Awards and 26 Peabody Awards.
FRONTLINE is seeking an intern who is eager to learn about audience development at FRONTLINE and contribute as a fully recognized member of the team. Audience development at FRONTLINE encompasses several key areas: data and audience insights, publicity and communications, search, social media, and email newsletters. We utilize data to make informed decisions about our strategy and tactics to grow new audiences and increase loyalty with existing audiences. We would work with you to craft at least one ongoing, semester-long project that contributes to FRONTLINE’s strategy in one or more of our key areas. Responsibilities would include some of the daily tasks that keep FRONTLINE running, but we are also looking for someone who can actively contribute to our conversations and brainstorms about innovative ways to connect with new and existing audiences.
- Media and influencer research
- Trends tracking
- Social media listening
- Social media graphics creation (Photoshop, Canva)
- Craft social copy
- Build out PR reports
- Assist in ongoing sorting and tagging of archival social posts
- Must have excellent research, writing, presentatio,n and organizational skills.
- Eye for detail, proofreading, and copyediting.
- Be able to demonstrate sound news judgment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Working toward a degree in journalism, communications, or a related field.
- Have curiosity about audience behavior and tendencies across media types and platforms.
Paid Internship $15/hour (Part-time )
GBH internships provide students with valuable work experience and real-world knowledge across many different fields of study, from TV and radio production to web design, accounting, law, and other administrative areas.
SPRING 2022 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
- Spring Virtual Internship dates: January 24th – April 22nd
- You must have cover letters for each internship that you are applying to.
- Candidates must have their own computer and access to Wifi.
- Candidates must be in an Undergrad or Grad program and have work authorization for the United States.
To learn more about our program follow us on Instagram:
GBH is an equal opportunity employer. The community and audience we serve is diverse, and we wish to foster that diversity in our workplace. Toward that end, GBH does not discriminate against individuals in hiring, employment or promotion on the basis of race, religion, color, sex/gender, gender identity and gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap or disability, veteran or military status, political belief, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.