GBH enriches people’s lives through programs and services that educate, inspire, and entertain, fostering citizenship and culture, the joy of learning, and the power of diverse perspectives.
FRONTLINE is PBS’s flagship investigative documentary series. We explore the issues of our time through powerful storytelling and our investigations have helped breathe new life into terrorism cold cases, freed innocent people from jail, prompted U.N. resolutions, and spurred both policy and social change. Today, our dedicated cadre of reporters, producers, and digital makers report across platforms — from our documentaries and podcast series, to long-form written narratives and multimedia projects. In an age of 24/7 breaking news, we remain dedicated to thoughtful, incisive accountability journalism. We are committed to presenting more voices, perspectives, and experiences across our platforms. To foster a work environment that values inclusiveness and reflects the broad perspectives of the American public, we encourage qualified applicants from all racial, ethnic, religious, and socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities and functional limitations to apply, especially those from historically marginalized communities.
Over the course of the internship, the special projects & video intern will assist FRONTLINE with its award-winning digital video and multimedia journalism. Past projects include interactive stories (“Un(re)solved,” “The Last Generation”), innovative storytelling (“The Virus at Sea,” “Drawn from Memory”) and incisive social video (“The Last Call”) — work that has been recognized by Emmys, Peabodys, duPont Columbia Awards, and Webbys. The intern will contribute in a variety of ways, including but not limited to: research and fact-checking, transcribing interviews, creating graphics and thumbnails, and uploading and distributing video on digital platforms. They may also get the opportunity to assist with the creation of content depending on their level of experience with AVID Media Composer, After Effects, Photoshop, and in-app Instagram tools.
- Conducting research
- Fact-checking scripts
- Transcribing interviews
- Assisting editors on videos
- Archiving and media management
- Providing administrative support
- Contributing to story and strategy meetings
- Passion for multimedia documentary storytelling and investigative journalism
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication
- Excellent research skills
- Punctual and ready to lean in
- Experience and understanding of social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and Reddit
- Basic experience with AVID Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro, or equivalent non-linear editing software
- Basic experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design programs
- Experience with Adobe After Effects a plus
Paid Internship $15/hour (Part-time)
GBH internships provide students with valuable work experience and real-world knowledge across many different fields of study, from TV and radio production to web design, accounting, law, and other administrative areas.
SPRING 2022 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
- Spring 2022 Virtual Internship dates: January 24th – April 22nd
- You must have cover letters for each internship that you are applying to.
- Candidates must have their own computer and access to Wifi.
- Candidates must be in an Undergrad or Grad program and have work authorization for the United States.
To learn more about our program follow us on Instagram:
GBH is an equal opportunity employer. The community and audience we serve is diverse, and we wish to foster that diversity in our workplace. Toward that end, GBH does not discriminate against individuals in hiring, employment or promotion on the basis of race, religion, color, sex/gender, gender identity and gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap or disability, veteran or military status, political belief, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.