PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY ON OUR WEBSITE
GBH enriches people’s lives through programs and services that educate, inspire, and entertain, fostering citizenship and culture, the joy of learning, and the power of diverse perspectives.
GBH News creates and broadcast original content on multiple platform including Radio, TV, and Digital. GBH News team covers and produces local and national news including in-depth feature stories and interviews, covering a wide range of topics.
The GBH News Intern will work with the Producers and newsroom team to learn about the process and operation of the local newsroom. They will have the opportunity to shadow and learn from the newsroom reporters to report, write and produce news stories.
- Provide writing and research for various news and magazine show units in the Newsroom.
- Re-write and freshen local news copy from the wire services for use in local newscasts.
- Duties may also include researching specific news topics, the results of which will be used in news content or for interviews.
- Additional duties may include making out calls to newsmakers to arrange interviews for the local host/producer.
- Duties may also include researching specific news topics, the results of which will be used in news stories that will air on GBH’s shows.
- Must be able to write clear, accurate news copy on deadline.
- Familiarity with recording equipment and editing software is desired.
- Ability to write newscast quality copy from AP and other sources using AP Style writing with proper attribution.
- Knowledge of news, current events, and lawmakers/government leaders at the local, state, and national level.
Paid Internship $15/hour (Part-time)
GBH internships provide students with valuable work experience and real-world knowledge across many different fields of study, from TV and radio production to web design, accounting, law, and other administrative areas.
- Fall Virtual Internship dates: September 12th through December 2nd.
- Candidates must have their own computer and access to Wifi.
- Candidates must be in an Undergrad or Grad program and have work authorization for the United States.
To learn more about our program follow us on Instagram:
GBH is an equal opportunity employer. The community and audience we serve are diverse, and we wish to foster that diversity in our workplace. Toward that end, GBH does not discriminate against individuals in hiring, employment, or promotion based on race, religion, color, sex/gender, gender identity and gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, political belief, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Application Process Assistance
GBH will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate an accommodation request, contact the Human Resource department by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 617-300-2000.