GBH enriches people’s lives through programs and services that educate, inspire, and entertain, fostering citizenship and culture, the joy of learning, and the power of diverse perspectives.
The GBH News special projects unit works with journalists across the newsroom to develop distinctive and original reporting projects that provide context and depth. Our work is digital-first, using still photography, video, audio and text to engage audiences and find new ways of telling stories on multiple platforms.
GBH News Special Projects Unit is seeking a highly motivated intern who is interested in working on and learning more about multi-platform production including digital, radio and TV.
The ideal candidate has strong writing and research skills, a background in journalism, and a solid understanding of editorial guidelines and the intersection of journalism and social media
- Social media
- Writing for web and/or broadcast
- Superbly organized and able to manage multiple projects, tasks, and shifting priorities. Excellent communication skills — written, oral and listening
- interest and ability in telling stories on multiple platforms, including social media.
- A self-starter, independent, eager, assertive and able to follow instructions and directions with limited supervision.
- Experience with graphic design and/or data visualization preferred.
- Knowledge of major local news stories and must have an understanding of issues driving the conversation on both a local and national level.
- High level proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to understand work environment, interpersonal dynamics, and the context of decision-making on a variety of levels
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly and apply to daily tasks
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work and presentation
- Willing to take appropriate initiative and exercise good judgment to get the job done
- Personal integrity and ability to manage confidential information appropriately
- Willingness to learn
Paid Internship $15/hour (Part-time)
GBH internships provide students with valuable work experience and real-world knowledge across many different fields of study, from TV and radio production to web design, accounting, law, and other administrative areas.
SPRING 2022 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
- Spring 2022 Virtual Internship dates: January 24th – April 22nd
- You must have cover letters for each internship that you are applying to.
- Candidates must have their own computer and access to Wifi.
- Candidates must be in an Undergrad or Grad program and have work authorization for the United States.
To learn more about our program follow us on Instagram:
GBH is an equal opportunity employer. The community and audience we serve is diverse, and we wish to foster that diversity in our workplace. Toward that end, GBH does not discriminate against individuals in hiring, employment or promotion on the basis of race, religion, color, sex/gender, gender identity and gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap or disability, veteran or military status, political belief, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.